Discussion Reliance JioFiber FTTH Internet Service - Queries & General Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 770
  • Views Views: Views 189,430
Here I couldn't even find even one RJIL OFC duct around my colony or in my area but have a Jio Tower very close. I am utterly confused that would I ever get a Giga Fiber connection anytime? 😔

Here I couldn't even find even one RJIL OFC duct around my colony or in my area but have a Jio Tower very close. I am utterly confused that would I ever get a Giga Fiber connection anytime? 😔

No RJIL duct even 500 meters to 1 Km around your home ???

We have saw RJIL OFC boxes at every apartment on roads in Yendada area, Vizag, but no fiber connectivity in boxes!

there is this manhole outside my house that says RJIL. Picture below is fixing the waterline after the horizontal boring machine broke the pipes. Red is Act and green is Jio.
bKKRJmq.jpg

Digging happened in my area yesterday roads messed up pretty bad, 2 persons from jio approached my premises and invited me to take gigafiber (as they call it) connection 🤔🙄

where do you live bro?

Nasik City.

Edit: Installation done on 12-12-2018. It took 2hr 30mins.

I had to pay 4500/- as a refundable deposit, using debit card. Only Cards are accepted as a form of payment.
Required documents were a pan card and an electricity bill.
Fortunately the Jio Server is on our building. They just had to drop a fiber from the terrace.
The installation guys were amateurs, in terms of Networking.
The I.P address of the router (JioGigaHub) by default is 192.168.29.1,
I asked them whether it can be changed, since all my devices are on 192.168.1.x gateways,
they denied saying default address of device cannot be changed.
I changed it right away after they left, to 192.168.1.1 and its working fine.
Everyone is excited about JioGigaFiber, including the installation guys, as it is new for them.
People were seen inquiring when would JioGigaFiber come near their location.
After connecting the router (JioGigaHub) updates itself to a newer firmware and UI.
The activation is done using installation guys smartphone, and I instantly get SMS
confirmation that a recharge for 90 days has been done.
I was requested to send an email to their higher officials (around 3 email id's) giving positive feedback regarding installation.
I didn't mind since they did gave fast service.
Now the speed. Speed is between 85-96 Mbps, it has not touched 100 till now.
This is acceptable since I'm literally paying them nothing. But if this does not gets fixed until
official launch. It'll be bad since competitors like You Broadband give more than 100Mbps always
even for a 100Mbps connection in my area. We await their Streaming/Television services to launch
since that is the form of entertainment which will make most use of the 100Mbps speed.

(Zoomable) Pictures below -

110.jpg

211.jpg

310.jpg

410.jpg

firesh11.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom