Discussion Reliance Jio Fiber Upload speed capped, not parallel with Download speed

• Thread starter gomfi
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 43
  • Views: Views 8,715

gomfi

Reaction score
Hi! I have just came to know that JioFiber will be having Speed Cap on the Upload Speeds that is ONE-TENTH of the Download Speed.

Is that true?

If you have 100 Mbps Plan, Your Upload Speed will be 10 Mbps.

Hi! I have just came to know that JioFiber will be having Speed Cap on the Upload Speeds that is ONE-TENTH of the Download Speed.

Is that true?

If you have 100 Mbps Plan, Your Upload Speed will be 10 Mbps.
Yes that is correct.

How can we make sure if this was a official move and not any backend issue?

Since, it makes no sense to have 1/10 Upload Speed of the Download on FTTH.

How can we make sure if this was a official move and not any backend issue?

Since, it makes no sense to have 1/10 Upload Speed of the Download on FTTH.
I am on gold plan and i am getting 1/10 upload speed. So its approx 23-25mbps for me.

many of my friends are also getting the same 1/10th upload speed. Jio engineer also confirmed that If user want more upload speed then opt for higher plan.

And their technicians people treating it as ADSL broadband. If you lodge a complaint, they will say upload speed can't be matched to download speed. My uncle who has taken Jio Fiber on his house also facing this issue.

High pings are another big issue to cope with.

So is this official move from the JioFiber (Higher Authority) or Technician People made some stupid changes?

1/10 on FTTH makes no sense.

Every other fiber ISPs provides parallel or more upload speeds. Take example of mine:

PrHlUo0.jpg

yea its a really bad decision to cap upload speeds. Jio engineer said to me that why i want upload speed.

sir download toh ho rha hai na. (Sir download isjust fine, you need not care about uploads) lol

off topic: i just called customer care and asked them that their dns servers are having issue which is causing high pings. They said: What sir ? Dns ? we have no information about dns

sir download toh ho rha hai na. (Sir download isjust fine, you need not care about uploads) lol
off topic: i just called customer care and asked them that their dns servers are having issue which is causing high pings. They said: What sir ? Dns ? we have no information about dns
Typcial non-techie dumb technician replies.

Jio is acting like brother of BSNL. BSNL Fiber has also capped upload speeds to 10-20 Mbps max AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock