Discussion Reliance Jio Fiber Set-top box - News & Updates

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 548
  • Views: Views 154,963
Can we access live channel like DTH set top box in jio fiber or have to access live tv from OTT apps?

Last edited:
Can we access live channel like DTH set top box in jio fiber or have to access live tv from OTT apps?
I think you can watch Live TV channels using the JioTV+ app.

But the channels count can't match a DTH service channel count. At least that is what I have heard from others.

I have personally didn't opt for the Jio Fiber set-top box.

I have seen it on my friend's home and decided not to buy the setup box because quality is bogus they will just give feed from respective OTT like Sony liv, Voot, Hotstar etc.. and the quality can't be matched with DTH.

There is an app Jio TV+ in which there is live tv section. When you select that you get to see an option to select tv guide. In tv guide when you select any channel it will redirect you to the app which is providing that channel. For ex. SonyLiv in case of Sony Sab or zee5 in case of Zeetv the only exception are tv voot channels they open directly (without redirecting to voot app) and if you want you come back to tv guide you just have to press back and you will again be on tv guide.

Yes it's not as convenient as old satellite tv & also you (dont) get the joy of toggle the channels on remote but that joy is now also not available on Satellite tv after the new trai thing since traditional tv viewing has become expensive.

Jio fiber offers great combo of Internet service, Landline service & Tv service for ₹1180 approx.

Last edited:
So Jio Set top box moreover like Amazon fire tv live tv section. Both working from respective app. But I have seen a coaxial cable input port. For which purpose they given that.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock