Discussion Reliance Jio Fiber Set-top box - News & Updates

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 534
  • Views: Views 149,239
There is an app Jio TV+ in which there is live tv section. When you select that you get to see an option to select tv guide. In tv guide when you select any channel it will redirect you to the app which is providing that channel. For ex. SonyLiv in case of Sony Sab or zee5 in case of Zeetv the only exception are tv voot channels they open directly (without redirecting to voot app) and if you want you come back to tv guide you just have to press back and you will again be on tv guide.

Yes it's not as convenient as old satellite tv & also you (dont) get the joy of toggle the channels on remote but that joy is now also not available on Satellite tv after the new trai thing since traditional tv viewing has become expensive.

Jio fiber offers great combo of Internet service, Landline service & Tv service for ₹1180 approx.
Also Star Channel's don't work on Jio Tv +. Eg If u choose Star Plus as u wanted to watch it . It will redirect u to Hotstar's live streaming for that channel and the program which was scheduled to be shown won't be there. In case of movies , it will start streaming something else instead of scheduled movie .

Instead of Jio TV , choose Tata Play , Airtel or any other DTH operator

I find satellite tv expensive after the new trai rule.

Jio fibre first was planning to provide tv channels in traditional way (as we get in cable STB) but after Trai new rule they had to drop that idea. If Trai rule had not come we would have been enjoying more than 600 tv channels in ₹1180/MTH (alongwith internet & landline).

There is absolutely no match of Jio Fiber with any DTH/Fiber/Broadband available in the market.
You will get unlimited internet, many premium channels, all OTT app subscriptions and a landline connection in just 1180/month. No company is providing this much in just 1180. If any, do tell me. And just 470/month without premium OTT contents.
Picture quality is superb while watching any OTT content or any TV channel, live streaming contents are good as well, seamless connectivity, almost all channels are available, dont expect them to provide all these for free just like they did when they introduced Jio.
Using since 3 years now.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no match of Jio Fiber with any DTH/Fiber/Broadband available in the market.
You will be get unlimited internet, many premium channels, all OTT app subscriptions and a landline connection in just 1180/month. No company is providing this much in just 1180. If any, do tell me. And just 470/month without premium OTT contents.
Picture quality is superb while watching any OTT content or any TV channel, live streaming contents are good as well, seamless connectivity, almost all channels are available, dont expect them to provide all these for free just like they did when they introduced Jio.
Using since 3 years now.
You have perfectly summed up Jio fiber service, i have installed Jio fiber for my parents and they're so happy specially with set top box. They can watch any serial whenever they want. Jio fiber is improving day by day now.

You will be get unlimited internet, many premium channels, all OTT app subscriptions and a landline connection in just 1180/month. No company is providing this much in just 1180. If any, do tell me. And just 470/month without premium OTT contents.
Using since 3 years now.
Jiofiber is really a solid product, i have been using it and its very stable. Jio has been the one who have changed the ffth scenario in our country. Yes they provide the most OTT subscription in their plans and that is where there is no competition for them plus the setup box is icing on the cake. For almost 95% use case jio fiber is perfect. I'm more of a technical person and for my location latencies within India is bad in comparison to airtel or even my local isp. overall i would rate them second only to airtel. As for me speed and routing carries more weightage than OTT. But still I'm using jiofiber as my failover ISP and will keep on testing it.

I'm more of a local ISP person tbh, easier to reach NOC for any issue, full control over my hardware, bridge mode, no deep packet inspection as to the level what jio does + no warp blocking, no capping etc. But all these are just because my lco is knowledgeable and hence I'm using it as my primary ISP.

Also Star Channel's don't work on Jio Tv +. Eg If u choose Star Plus as u wanted to watch it . It will redirect u to Hotstar's live streaming for that channel and the program which was scheduled to be shown won't be there. In case of movies , it will start streaming something else instead of scheduled movie .

Jio Should add Fav Channel section in its STB

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock