Reliance Jio 5G News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 220
  • Views: Views 38,857
That can only happen if they connect all 4G towers with fiber backhaul and enable massive MIMO and carrier aggregation with all their available 4G spectrum. But even then the number of users connected to each tower is high considering the userbase so you won't get the ideal 4G speeds that you see in developed nations where the total subscriber base of operators is 20 to 50 million.
Only way to improve speeds then is to either increase the number of towers or hike the tariffs so that usage reduces and load on each tower reduces.
So to get my understanding clear, the 5G infra supports much larger user base than 4G infra. Right? I'm using Jio now and in many cases the data stops working. I mean it's like a sim without any plan. I have seen that happening with Airtel too. Will that still happen in 5G? I'm really worried that even after paying like 300 to 400 per month for data, we are not getting good data speeds.

Take an example, when there's an scheduled event to happen every year in a place where Lakhs of people gather, the operators should do something to handle the large user base for those days at the least. Or is it out of there hands in 4G?

Take an example, when there's an scheduled event to happen every year in a place where Lakhs of people gather, the operators should do something to handle the large user base for those days at the least. Or is it out of there hands in 4G?
Hundreds of small cells every few metres should be needed for such events to have seamless data connectivity and that is common for 4G and 5G alike.
Yes 5G has much more bandwidth than 4G so each tower should be able to support significantly more data demand. But then again data is like money, you can never have enough, when the supply increases so does the demand.
Earlier in 3G era 2 GB used to be sufficient for a month, after 4G it has increased to 18 GB per user and it will keep growing exponentially as more data hungry apps come with ultra 4K streaming and low latency gaming.

Hundreds of small cells every few metres should be needed for such events to have seamless data connectivity and that is common for 4G and 5G alike.
Yes 5G has much more bandwidth than 4G so each tower should be able to support significantly more data demand. But then again data is like money, you can never have enough, when the supply increases so does the demand.
Earlier in 3G era 2 GB used to be sufficient for a month, after 4G it has increased to 18 GB per user and it will keep growing exponentially as more data hungry apps come with ultra 4K streaming and low latency gaming.
3G vs 4G was price per GB, so all of us consumed more data in 4G. If price was same as 3G, then no one crosses same GB per month in 4G also.

Just saw this, Jio is going to deploy the 5G on only 3 bands. But didn't Jio bought spectrum for 5 bands.

urOSfBB.png

Just saw this, Jio is going to deploy the 5G on only 3 bands. But didn't Jio bought spectrum for 5 bands.
5G will be on these 3 bands whereas the remaining 3 bands are for 4G and Jio is still investing in a robust 4G network for which it has bought the additional spectrum in the existing bands. Later in the future this may be refarmed for 5G but 4G still has a long future in India.

What is this?
Apparently it's a place holder for Jio phone 5G, when I selected it and clicked on buy and entered my pincode it said we are not accepting Jio phone orders for this area currently.

In Jio true 5G section (in MyJio app) my last used device is showing iPhone 13 Pro but i am using iPhone 14 Pro Max. Why?
xYavDrD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock