Reliance Jio 5G News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 220
  • Views: Views 38,850
Jio announced Beta trial program for 5G in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Varanasi. Jio 5G welcome offer unlimited 5G data for users by invitation only.
How to get the invitation? I've realme narzo 30 5G which recently got jio 5G support by way of a system update. I live in Kolkata telecom circle.

How to get the invitation? I've realme narzo 30 5G which recently got jio 5G support by way of a system update. I live in Kolkata telecom circle.
There is no manual way to get the invitation, Jio will itself pick users who have handsets which are compatible with with Jio 5G and will give them the option to upgrade to 5G. Since you said your phone got the update for Jio 5G, and you live in one of the test cities you would have a high likelihood of getting the invite. Keep checking your SMS and myJio app for the notification.

@Esmail one doubt, with Jio' SA network so there will be NO failover to 4G if there is no 5G network. Is my understanding correct?

But ping is 28.. As much as they talk of low latency in 5G, this ain't good..
Should be less than 10...
Actually that speed test was conducted on 29th :) that too next to the tower with not open to any public. I think rather than providing 1Gbps, if they can improve 4G and provide actual 4G speed, it'll be better. I think that's what Airtel is doing.

Actually that speed test was conducted on 29th :) that too next to the tower with not open to any public. I think rather than providing 1Gbps, if they can improve 4G and provide actual 4G speed, it'll be better. I think that's what Airtel is doing.
That can only happen if they connect all 4G towers with fiber backhaul and enable massive MIMO and carrier aggregation with all their available 4G spectrum. But even then the number of users connected to each tower is high considering the userbase so you won't get the ideal 4G speeds that you see in developed nations where the total subscriber base of operators is 20 to 50 million.
Only way to improve speeds then is to either increase the number of towers or hike the tariffs so that usage reduces and load on each tower reduces.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock