Reliance Jio 5G News & Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 222
  • Views Views: Views 40,134
I have a Samsung S20 E 5G and I am on 666/84D/1.5GB plan. I am in Gurgaon.

Am I eligible to get Jio 5G invite?

How do I get invite?

I have a Samsung S20 E 5G and I am on 666/84D/1.5GB plan. I am in Gurgaon.

Am I eligible to get Jio 5G invite?

How do I get invite?
I am not sure whether your phone support 5G. To get welcome offer, go to my jio app and click on welcome offer banner in the home page. That’s it. Once your jio number get a 5g tag and your area is 5g covered, you will get 5g. Obviously you have to select 5g auto or 5g on under mobile network settings. I have heard that even without applying via my jio app, some people are able to get jio 5g.

I am not sure whether your phone support 5G. To get welcome offer, go to my jio app and click on welcome offer banner in the home page. That’s it. Once your jio number get a 5g tag and your area is 5g covered, you will get 5g. Obviously you have to select 5g auto or 5g on under mobile network settings. I have heard that even without applying via my jio app, some people are able to get jio 5g.
It doesn't support SA network on Band 28. It supports SA network on band 78. So it's fine. Both Jio and Airtel 5G will work fine. Only problem during VoNR on band 28.

Because of SA network. Ping will further get reduced once band 40 is used for SA 5G.
Jio will not use Band 40 for 5G SA. Before you post anything speculative, always visit THIS page which makes it very clear what Jio's plans are currently.

Airtel CAN use Band 40 for 5G as per THIS page. But that doesn't confirm that they will.

How close?
I went there again and based on the signal strength indicator I located the 5G BTS. It's a 3 sector setup located atop a 3 story building while I was standing on the road right across it. I'm attaching an image of the same.
kSIU9zt.jpg

Jio will not use Band 40 for 5G SA. Before you post anything speculative, always visit THIS page which makes it very clear what Jio's plans are currently.

Airtel CAN use Band 40 for 5G as per THIS page. But that doesn't confirm that they will.
I am not saying it will happen now. I am saying by 2024 end, Jio will start deploying band 40 for 5G as its contiguous block, they can use it one 40Mhz block(n40), as suppose to 20Mhz block in 4G or 20Mhz block in band 3(n3). Jio will start this after deploying band 78/26Ghz. And because it is TDD spectrum and you can use it as 40Mhz block as supposed to 20Mhz block in band 1/3. Jio doesn't have band 3 20Mhz PAN India, this is one of the reason after completing deployment of n78, Jio will go on to refarm the spectrum in band 40 for 5G. Right now Jio is using 3-N78(10Mhz+100Mhz)/40C-N78(40Mhz+100Mhz). This is called as LTE-NR CA. Many other countries has started NR-NR CA(3CA). 15Mhz+100Mhz+100Mhz(Everything on 5G). Next year with X70 modem we will see even better NR CA combinations. By 2024 end, even budget phones will have N40-N78-N78-N28 combination. Atleast Motorola will have.

Whatever Airtel is written is all bluff. They are using it as 4G only and will use on 4G only for next four years. They went with NSA and they are behind with respect to competition by 4 years. NSA to SA will take 2 years for Airtel even if Airtel has 300-400ARPU. See the speeds of Airtel 5G with 110-130Mhz of spectrum. Not crossing 500Mbps, even on high end device like S22+/S22U. Jio is crossing 800-900Mbps easily on 10K 5G device named Lava Blaze 5G. So whatever Airtel do now, it will always be behind with Jio for 4 years. This will help Jio to deploy band 40 for 5G even earlier than they have planned. Mark my words. If tariffs are attractive from Jio, then it's game over for Airtel. Vi doesn't even exist now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom