Good News Purchased Yamaha YHT 1840

Bro there are a lot of settings. I think it will take tym to understand. U can tell me in brief how bass can be increased apart from extra bass button? Also do u keep enhancer on? And what is crossover? Will it increase bass? U can reply in my other thread

Yes, A lot to fiddle around. You can increase the volume of the subwoofer by going in to setup>config>levels>subwoofer, if I recall the path correctly. Also, you can set the crossover between 120 and 200hz and see if you like it. Crossover is nothing but a setup to filter the bass from all other speakers and send it to the subwoofer. at 200Hz, it sends the bass frequencies below 200Hz to the sub and rest will be sent to all other speakers. I don't keep the extra bass On as it increases bass in all the speakers and I didn't like it. Also, you can go into tone settings, by pressing the options in the remote and increase the bass there.

The subwoofer placement is important too. you need to place the sub on the floor, move it and find a sweet spot. Another idea would be to place the sub on the chair where you sit and you crawl around the floor to find a spot where the bass is pleasing and place the sub there. It is a small 6 1/2 inch woofer and cannot expect more from it. But, the bass is tight for what it puts out.

yes, I always leave the enhancer On.

It takes a lot of trial and errors to set up a nice home theater system. It is been more than a month since I have purchased it and I'm yet to fully understand it. Partly because of lack of time. And also the system is a bit complex but joy to use. :)

Yes, A lot to fiddle around. You can increase the volume of the subwoofer by going in to setup>config>levels>subwoofer, if I recall the path correctly. Also, you can set the crossover between 120 and 200hz and see if you like it. Crossover is nothing but a setup to filter the bass from all other speakers and send it to the subwoofer. at 200Hz, it sends the bass frequencies below 200Hz to the sub and rest will be sent to all other speakers. I don't keep the extra bass On as it increases bass in all the speakers and I didn't like it. Also, you can go into tone settings, by pressing the options in the remote and increase the bass there.

The subwoofer placement is important too. you need to place the sub on the floor, move it and find a sweet spot. Another idea would be to place the sub on the chair where you sit and you crawl around the floor to find a spot where the bass is pleasing and place the sub there. It is a small 6 1/2 inch woofer and cannot expect more from it. But, the bass is tight for what it puts out.

yes, I always leave the enhancer On.

It takes a lot of trial and errors to set up a nice home theater system. It is been more than a month since I have purchased it and I'm yet to fully understand it. Partly because of lack of time. And also the system is a bit complex but joy to use. :)
Thanx bro for early guidance. I'll try that settings today.
Twoo more questions.
1. Is it you or some other guy who is using car sub . If its u then u have any review. Because i too have car sub.
2. What cable is good for speakers. Provided cable is not enough for me. I need urgent reply on this.
TIA

Thanx bro for early guidance. I'll try that settings today.
Twoo more questions.
1. Is it you or some other guy who is using car sub . If its u then u have any review. Because i too have car sub.
2. What cable is good for speakers. Provided cable is not enough for me. I need urgent reply on this.
TIA
Welcome bro.

I don't use car sub but the sub from my studio setup.
I'm using 2.5 sq.mm polycab 2 core cable. It is a bit thick. Go for little smaller. There is a distance vs awg chart in internet and go with it. My wiring to rear speakers are over 50 feet and hence went with thick cables. The cables supplied with it is just for demo purpose. 16 awg would do for you, I guess. Go with the chart. And don't spend thousands on fancy cables. Those are just gimmick.

One of the best things about this AVR is the built in small amp for sub. You can hook a compatible sub to it. Please check the manual bro, as I don't have the info now.
If you want to use the car sub, you can. You can search in internet. May be you can upgrade to a better sub later. Don't settle with any sub less than 10 inches.

Welcome bro.

I don't use car sub but the sub from my studio setup.
I'm using 2.5 sq.mm polycab 2 core cable. It is a bit thick. Go for little smaller. There is a distance vs awg chart in internet and go with it. My wiring to rear speakers are over 50 feet and hence went with thick cables. The cables supplied with it is just for demo purpose. 16 awg would do for you, I guess. Go with the chart. And don't spend thousands on fancy cables. Those are just gimmick.
Ok bro . Will check tonight

One of the best things about this AVR is the built in small amp for sub. You can hook a compatible sub to it. Please check the manual bro, as I don't have the info now.
If you want to use the car sub, you can. You can search in internet. May be you can upgrade to a better sub later. Don't settle with any sub less than 10 inches.
Yes i know there is always option to upgrade. I was just think of attaching my car sub.

Also my receiver doesnt have stickers on front? Does it matter? Should i doubt?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock