• Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Pro-1 X | A Smartphone by XDA

Prithi Deb

Guru
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, XDA made a phone. And it's the world's first phone to run LineageOS out of the box!

Source

The Pro1-X doesn’t only run LineageOS; there are also variants available running Ubuntu Touch OS and Android.

• Snapdragon 835
  • 12MP + 5MP Dual Rear Camera Setup
  • 13MP Selfie Camera
  • Physical QWERTY Keyboard
  • Type-C Port & HDMI Out
  • Dedicated Camera Button
  • 6/8GB RAM
  • 128/256GB Internal Storage
The full retail price of the Pro1-X is $899. But for the XDA community, there are a limited number of devices available at $639. There is also a pre-early bird offer for $599.

The Pro1-X is XDA's first phone, and it runs on LineageOS or Ubuntu

Prithi Deb

Guru
Contributor
Reaction score
cYMfb3s.jpg

OoeKgkX.jpg

Jagadeesh

Guru
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, XDA made a phone. And it's the world's first phone to run LineageOS out of the box!

Source

The Pro1-X doesn’t only run LineageOS; there are also variants available running Ubuntu Touch OS and Android.

• Snapdragon 835
  • 12MP + 5MP Dual Rear Camera Setup
  • 13MP Selfie Camera
  • Physical QWERTY Keyboard
  • Type-C Port & HDMI Out
  • Dedicated Camera Button
  • 6/8GB RAM
  • 128/256GB Internal Storage
The full retail price of the Pro1-X is $899. But for the XDA community, there are a limited number of devices available at $639. There is also a pre-early bird offer for $599.

The Pro1-X is XDA's first phone, and it runs on LineageOS or Ubuntu
Looks interesting. But I cannot understand why people should buy this phone at this premium price.

Prithi Deb

Guru
Contributor
Reaction score
It's just a crowdfunded product. With this phone they are just trying to show what they are able to do. I don't think it will be mass produced (in a huge scale).

Sivabhaskar

Veteran
Reaction score
Looks interesting. But I cannot understand why people should buy this phone at this premium price.
True.

And why the swivel keyboard? I would always be vary of devices that have 2 separate moving parts, connected most probably by something like a flex cable (used in older slide model phones). The flex usually wears out within a couple of years. May be they are using some other new hardware to connect the physical keyboard to the display?

Nonetheless, this appears to be a good initiative by XDA. The fact that it is made by them leads one to believe, that:

1) The device could be mostly bloat free

2) The device could come unlocked, capable of heavy customizations

👍

Top Bottom