Prasar Bharati planning to launch OTT platform

• Thread starter Shark
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 5,674
Good.move. Now Prasar Bharati can accommodate their excess staff after closure of most of the analogue transmission and very recently their Digital transmission services. The staff, hitherto maintaining the transmission business, are now idle. Their services can be utilised in OTT service.

Hundreds of their terrestrial transmission towers across the country are also now idle. Those can be rented out to Telecom Operators and to private FM radio channels thereby earning some revenue.

DD National is not generating any ad revenue from YouTube yet and they never will as it's free public broadcasting network.
I hope they consider same as do here and stop taking public funds to run that organisation. They can crowd fund. I hope many well wishers can donate to keep the function running. Anyhow DD contribute nothing. Where BBC, DW, France24, Al Jazeera etc. carries perspective value of their countries in International market. DD carries peanuts.

In future I hope government auctions off broadcast of Republic Day and Independence Day parades.
Having monopoly and utilising it both are different things. DDFreeDish earned a lot from last half decades and best part on that is they are very small team to run whole process.
Sad part is it created unfair advantage to a just one player who still relies on government to fund it's broadcasting network.
Again new segment and maintaining standard accordingly both are different things. Ullu can't be compared with Doordarshan.
I didn't say anything about Ullu platform. Why would you bring that vulgar platform? If I have to compare Doordarshan with any other company I would do it with bomb streamer like CNN+ not Ullu.

I hope they consider same as do here and stop taking public funds to run that organisation. They can crowd fund. I hope many well wishers can donate to keep the function running.
Running of DD National is not to compete with any other channel. It's to make people aware about different issues in our society and spreading knowledge. Do you even know how much impact television would have made in women empowerment.
Where BBC, DW, France24, Al Jazeera etc. carries perspective value of their countries in International market. DD carries peanuts.
DD is already working on it with DD India and we are democratic country where our minister like Dr S Jaishankar are enough to show mirror to other country on its own state run news channel.
In future I hope government auctions off broadcast of Republic Day and Independence Day parades.
We celebrate this to spread our culture which showcases our unity in diversity. Also, this is celebration and we don't celebrate festivals to earn money but they give us joy. BTW last time how much you earn from celebration? Although you have spent. right?
I didn't say anything about Ullu platform. Why would you bring that vulgar platform? If I have to compare Doordarshan with any other company I would do it with bomb streamer like CNN+ not Ullu.
You said ten other competition
They are working on something where there are ten other competition.
Actual in our country INDIA we don't have ten mainstream streaming platform including Ullu too. And, your comparison is again wrong CNN+ was online News Streaming platform whereas DD is coming up with OTT. CNN+ was shutdown soon after its launch.
vulgar platform
Now just imagine a OTT platform without any vulgarity.

Last edited:
Hope they don't make rules of sharing content with their ott

Hope they don't make rules of sharing content with their ott
Now I want this come. National importance matches and even national importance movies be streamed for free on DD's OTT.

Running of DD National is not to compete with any other channel. It's to make people aware about different issues in our society and spreading knowledge.
Yes, something like DD Kisan is needed for farmers. Loksabha and Rajyasabha TV for parliament proceedings. But channels like DD Regionals and DD Retro are wastage of taxpayers money. They could easily put DD News Local regional feed on specific hours of the day DD News itself. Seperate channels are wastage of bandwidth. DD National can also take care of cultural events.
Do you even know how much impact television would have made in women empowerment.
How? Enlighten me.
DD is already working on it with DD India and we are democratic country where our minister like Dr S Jaishankar are enough to show mirror to other country on its own state run news channel.
Show what mirror? And he is overrated. Instead of lecturing Europe which is easy to get applause on social media. Do something about the China problem. Form alliances against the dragon. There is a junta problem down in Myanmar. Why do we have same stand here as Chinese? Address the refugee problem from Myanmar. Nepal and Sri Lanka has fallen into Chinese hands. What did Jaishankar do about this? Someone needs to show his ministry a mirror.
We celebrate this to spread our culture which showcases our unity in diversity. Also, this is celebration and we don't celebrate festivals to earn money but they give us joy. BTW last time how much you earn from celebration? Although you have spent. right?
Does celebrations boosts our economy? Everybody from small businesses to big ones big ones makes profit. Office bearers gets bonuses. So how can you say we don't earn from celebrations?
You said ten other competition

Actual in our country INDIA we don't have ten mainstream streaming platform including Ullu too. And, your comparison is again wrong CNN+ was online News Streaming platform whereas DD is coming up with OTT. CNN+ was shutdown soon after its launch.
Now that's a way of saying things. News, culture and documentaries. That is why I paid comparison with CNN+ which is part of Discovery+. It will be like that.

Now I want this come. National importance matches and even national importance movies be streamed for free on DD's OTT.
Wednesday is of national importance as it has given to many memes so it will be shared with DD play.

Prasar Bharati has expedited the process for developing an over-the-top (OTT) platform through which it plans to provide a range of services in collaboration with the other prominent players in the industry. The project is expected to materialise early next year.
“We have invited e-tenders from reputed Indian bidders for the selection of master system integrator for the design, development, implementation, operations and maintenance of the OTT platform,” said a government official. The bids will be opened on November 1. The estimate contract value is ₹166 crore and the contracted works are to be implemented for 60 months, according to the Notice Inviting Open e-Tender.

Tender

nuJczMY.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock