Seeking Help Planning to port to Jio

@Bapun Raz bro, so now you don't use Jio at all ?

My area Airtel is bit poor in popularity and users
Yes bro, i left Jio family though i still watch Jio Cinema/TV sometimes.

Airtel is not that popular here as well but quality of service is better.

I use mobile data very less. Wifi internet from my broadband mostly, if any issue happens Airtel/Jio etc. only as backup. While outside i manage with mobile data though.

After Idea-Voda merger Nothing changed

Idea: Full network
ie8BGYz.png

Vodafone: No network (Most of the time)
gW7qUKd.jpg

See the plan Vodafone is offering
IpFlnyl.png

1. Is it true that the Jio VoLTE issue is still present and when calling their person in the other side is unable to reach u, like no coverage area and phone switched off message is heard. Also calls get frequently cut when called to other network?
I did not face any issue using Jio like call drop or no coverage. But Jio is not fast. I get 1-3 Mbps speed.
2. I don't want to use much data as I already have JioFi at home and office so I am ok with less data plans as calling is free. So which has better prepaid packs Jio or Vodafone ( 1-2 GB in a month is ok for me)
Definitely, Jio has better plans.
You already have Jio-Fi at home. So, you have an idea about Jio internet speed in your area.

1. Is it true that the Jio VoLTE issue is still present and when calling their person in the other side is unable to reach u, like no coverage area and phone switched off message is heard.
Not much, but used to happen a lot before. Even with jio-jio calls

So which has better prepaid packs Jio or Vodafone ( 1-2 GB in a month is ok for me
98rs plan. 2gb per month, but I think it has a limit on call minutes

1. Is it true that the Jio VoLTE issue is still present and when calling their person in the other side is unable to reach u, like no coverage area and phone switched off message is heard.
If you are trying to call someone who is not reachable or out of network then you will get voice notification that the dialled number is either switched off or currently not available. When network will come on that number then you'll get the message that "1234567890 is now available to take calls" & that person will get message that "You have X missed call(s) from 0987654321."
Also calls get frequently cut when called to other network?
I have not faced any such issue till now, not even with airtel.
2. I don't want to use much data as I already have JioFi at home and office so I am ok with less data plans as calling is free. So which has better prepaid packs Jio or Vodafone ( 1-2 GB in a month is ok for me)
Jio will be best. As you don't need much data so ₹98 plan will be best for you.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am using Vodafone from many years now.
I am not happy with their 4G coverage and the fluctuation to 2G and 3G frequently.
Also many times randomly the mobile data stops in between.
It not happen with me at least.

1. Is it true that the Jio VoLTE issue is still present and when calling their person in the other side is unable to reach u, like no coverage area and phone switched off message is heard. Also calls get frequently cut when called to other network?
No such issues observed now, if my jio phone is switched off when other calls then only they will be unable to reach me and then when my mobile got switched on and connect to their network then other caller will receive the message that I am available now for taking the call.
Bro, already you know the speeds in Jio in your area with JioFi device which uses Jio sim, same speed you will get in Jio. You don't need to charge JioFi and can use Jio sim instead.

No such issues observed now, if my jio phone is switched off when other calls then only they will be unable to reach me and then when my mobile got switched on and connect to their network then other caller will receive the message that I am available now for taking the call.

Bro, already you know the speeds in Jio in your area with JioFi device which uses Jio sim, same speed you will get in Jio. You don't need to charge JioFi and can use Jio sim instead.
If it was an earlier generation jiofi, then big speed difference is noticeable. I have experienced that

@Anish Pai , sorry to be spoil sport here. I live in a area crowded with tall apartment buildings and I live in one. Jio signal is very weak inside the building and can't make or receive calls. If you live in a area, where signals get blocked due to buildings etc, data works OK but calls won't.
Unless you try it first hand, don't port your number directly to Jio.
If you have any network which operates at 800/ 850/900 Mhz etc, will be best for the calls. If you are interested mainly on calls, my bet would be BSNL.
I have used idea, Airtel, Jio and BSNL. From past one month Airtel is horrible, until then it was OK. Now I am thinking of moving to another provider and was considering Vodafone. Undecided yet.

In my experience, need to consider the location where you use the mobile phone the maximum time. Usually on the road all the networks work the same. The problem is usually indoors (work /home). And better to try out the networks ourselves than depending on others opinion as the problem is usually local. Plan cost wise, all operators have similar plans now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock