OTF Exclusive Pan India 2023 Spectrum holding chart

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 191
  • Views: Views 45,262
Sed. N41 is much better than N78 in terms of coverage atleast.
Yes. That's why TMobile is wining at the moment. Verizon is losing subscribers due to CBands pathetic speeds under 100Mbps. Auction of more n41 in July and TMobile will get even more n41. Currently three markets have 190MHz and n41+n41 gives maximum of 1.8Gbps in real life on 100Mhz+90Mhz. They have added 1900Mhz 20Mhz more and 3CA on those 5G bands gives more than 3Gbps. I just wish DoT does something about n41 and releases some more spectrum in 1000Mhz-2000Mhz frequency.

i have only doubt that 5hmz or 10mhz is reserved in 600?
According to what was in the news and correlating to the NIA it's 10 MHz in 600 MHz, 40 MHz in 3.5 GHz and 400 MHz in 26 GHz.
But I still don't get where the 5 MHz in 700 MHz band went because the NIA does not mention it being reserved for BSNL and it has not even been considered while calculating the Sub GHz spectrum cap, whereas the NIA says any spectrum which the DoT has and which has previously been put up for auction has to be accounted for when calculating the spectrum cap.

According to what was in the news and correlating to the NIA it's 10 MHz in 600 MHz, 40 MHz in 3.5 GHz and 400 MHz in 26 GHz.
But I still don't get where the 5 MHz in 700 MHz band went because the NIA does not mention it being reserved for BSNL and it has not even been considered while calculating the Sub GHz spectrum cap, whereas the NIA says any spectrum which the DoT has and which has previously been put up for auction has to be accounted for when calculating the spectrum cap.
Thank you for the update. Its such a waste of resources. I hope Vi keeps focus on band 3/1/41.

NIA does not mention it being reserved for BSNL and it has not even been considered while calculating the Sub GHz spectrum cap,
as per mr purwar, bsnl requested 700mhz, as 600 is not matured to get equipment .
thus i am thinking that DOT andccabinet meight made last-minute changes and
hope that 5mhz in 600 and 5mhz in 700 given.

or as geneous decision 10mhz in 600 and 5mhz in 700 is reserved .
Spectrum reserved for BSNL in 600 MHz, 3300 MHz and 26 GHz bands, shall be excluded while calculating spectrum caps.
did you referring this found in NIA about reserved spectrum is not showing 700?
just wait for pre-bid, and such minor correction would be noticed by telco and DOT would release clarification .

after Following DOT, don't you know how govt babu's working culture and ethics?
thirdly 700mhz if allocated to bsnl wont come up in spectrum cap calculation ,... so i feel spectrum cap is right calculated

If Jio were to bid for that 5 MHz block in Mumbai circle it will get only 4.5 MHz in the beginning and later when DoT conducts its interference field trials and establishes that 850 MHz downlink is not causing interference with 900 MHz uplink then Jio will get that remaining 0.5 MHz to complete the 5 MHz block.
what do you think,
jio will make 20mhz in mumbai for 800/850mhz
and launch 5g on 10mhz to cater to indoor carpet coverage in mumbai city, excluding kalyan, virar, etc.
it is very clear that none of telco is bidding 700mhz in any circle .

also launching own /in house developed 5g stack by skipping samsung/ericson would give jio an edge to become comparable solution developed by Rakuten cloud native core .
this 800mhz, mostly used for testing and findings new test cases specific to india and in-house or co-developed App with any new/existing corporate partners.

so jio is not going to hesitate if allocated 4.5mhz for few months and deploy only 9.5mhz 5G nwtwork on 850mhz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock