OTF Exclusive Pan India 2023 Spectrum holding chart

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 191
  • Views: Views 45,246
@Esmail So it means BSNL got that spectrum? Such wastage of resources
i feel it otherwise

this way Enterprise(TCS,wipro) and corporate's(amazon) request would be majorly block----- direct spectrum allocation by administrative method.

TRAI and DOT would ask these enterprise to get isolated CNPN network built and operated using bsnl alloted quota of 10+5+40+400
or get spectrum sub-leased from BSNL.
By doing this govt load of spectrum audit is reduce and can make bsnl on way to profitability .

suppose all 3 telco skip 700, and BIF start shouting we want 5mhz for private network , then this BSNL's spectrum resource will be rescue . and wont be counted as wastage

TRAI and DOT would ask these enterprise to get isolated CNPN network built and operated using bsnl alloted quota of 10+5+40+400
or get spectrum sub-leased from BSNL.
By doing this govt load of spectrum audit is reduce and can make bsnl on way to profitability .
Let's see bro already 5MHz B1 and 20MHz B41 is being wasted in many circles. I think they'll launch 4G after 2 years and take atleast 5 years to launch 5G

thirdly 700mhz if allocated to bsnl wont come up in spectrum cap calculation ,... so i feel spectrum cap is right calculated
That would be true only for bands like 600 MHz, 3300 MHz and 26 GHz which have never been put up for sale and thus spectrum reserved by DoT for BSNL gets excluded. But 700 MHz is not a new band DoT had put it up for auction in 2016 and 2021 and thus it triggers the clause in the NIA which says that any spectrum possessed by DoT which has at any given point been put up for auction and remained unsold will be counted while calculating spectrum cap (Even if DoT decided to reserve it for BSNL). DoT has even reserved 1 block of 5 MHz for BSNL in the 2100 MHz band Pan India apart for Rajasthan and Delhi circles, and 1 block of 5 MHz in 850 Mhz band in Rajasthan and 10 Mhz in 1800 MHz in Delhi circle but all of this reserved spectrum is still counted in the calculation of spectrum caps since all of this has been put up for auction at some point of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock