Discussion OnePlus TV Q1 | Q1 Pro

None of the cheap 4k TVs like this newly launched Motorola or Mi TV has either Dolby Vision or HDR10 or a 10 Bit panel...

First small TV companies started this scam saying their panel is a 10 Bit panel which even Samsung, Sony & LG can't give even on their 1 L worth of TVs...Then these companies started claiming that they have HDR10 panel which also turned out to be fake later...Now the new scam in the TV market is Dolby Vision...People who loves tech, they should know that, Dolby Vision requires atleast 800 nits of brightness to properly display Dolby Vision enabled contents & this Motorola has like only 200-300 nits of brightness...Mi doesn't even disclose their brightness levels as they know that those are inferior...Even VU Premium Android TV has 450 nits which is not good enough for Dolby Vision...

Only TVs from the likes of Samsung, LG & Sony models who officially discloses their brightness levels & claim that, their TVs have a 10 Bit panel or Dolby Vision, officially have them...Rest of these low brightness TVs, none of them have any Dolby Vision or HDR10 or a 10 Bit panel...

Most people when they are fans of any company or have trust in certain brand buys TVs from that company only & he starts to believe that, this is the real deal...

Normal TV viewing people or even people who love watching TVs who are just upgrading from a normal 720p or a FHD TV will definitely notice the difference when they buy a new 4K TV but if any person compares these Mi TVs or Motorolas or any of those so-called unknown 4K TV or even a Vu Premium with a "real" Dolby Vision enabled HDR10 TV from LG, Samsung or Sony, he will be shocked to see the pic quality difference in them...

None of the cheap 4k TVs like this newly launched Motorola or Mi TV has either Dolby Vision or HDR10 or a 10 Bit panel...

First small TV companies started this scam saying their panel is a 10 Bit panel which even Samsung, Sony & LG can't give even on their 1 L worth of TVs...Then these companies started claiming that they have HDR10 panel which also turned out to be fake later...Now the new scam in the TV market is Dolby Vision...People who loves tech, they should know that, Dolby Vision requires atleast 800 nits of brightness to properly display Dolby Vision enabled contents & this Motorola has like only 200-300 nits of brightness...Mi doesn't even disclose their brightness levels as they know that those are inferior...Even VU Premium Android TV has 450 nits which is not good enough for Dolby Vision...

Only TVs from the likes of Samsung, LG & Sony models who officially discloses their brightness levels & claim that, their TVs have a 10 Bit panel or Dolby Vision, officially have them...Rest of these low brightness TVs, none of them have any Dolby Vision or HDR10 or a 10 Bit panel...

Most people when they are fans of any company or have trust in certain brand buys TVs from that company only & he starts to believe that, this is the real deal...

Normal TV viewing people or even people who love watching TVs who are just upgrading from a normal 720p or a FHD TV will definitely notice the difference when they buy a new 4K TV but if any person compares these Mi TVs or Motorolas or any of those so-called unknown 4K TV or even a Vu Premium with a "real" Dolby Vision enabled HDR10 TV from LG, Samsung or Sony, he will be shocked to see the pic quality difference in them...
By what you have mentioned in your post, you mean to say that One Plus has brightness above 800 nits bcos at the launch event representative from Dolby spoke that they are partnering with One Plus for Dolby Atmos and Vision. In between, there is no mention of brightness levels by One Plus in their spec sheet.

By what you have mentioned in your post, you mean to say that One Plus has brightness above 800 nits bcos at the launch event representative from Dolby spoke that they are partnering with One Plus for Dolby Atmos and Vision. In between, there is no mention of brightness levels by One Plus in their spec sheet.
Most these companies won't mention their brightness levels officially on their spec chart on their site but you can see that on the sites where they are listed for sell, like Flipkart or Amazon...Check how many nits of brightness this new Motorola TVs have on their Flipkart spec page...One Plus is not providing TVs at like 25-30k & their 55" Pro version costs almost 1 lac so they might be able to provide Dolby Vision...

Dolby Vision ready & Dolby Vision Certified are two completely different things...

Low-cost TVs that declare that they have Dolby Vision on their TVs may only have Dolby Vision readiness means Dolby Vision contents will play on those TVs but won't look like they are really Dolby Vision contents...

But higher cost TVs will have a certified Dolby Vision panel which will play Dolby Vision contents with ease & the contents will look much better because these higher cost TVs will have higher Nits of brightness to really enjoy Dolby Vision contents...

An example would be like this...A 720p panel is HD ready & can play Full HD contents...The 720p TV will process and scale any incoming resolution to its native 1366x768 pixel display resolution, but an FHD TV is needed to enjoy the FHD contents in their full Glory...

Common people won't even understand the difference between a real Dolby Vision TV & a "pretending to be a Dolby Vision TV" until they watch them side by side...Most people don't have the real Dolby Vision TVs so they will be happy thinking their TV have Dolby Vision...They will only understand the difference if/when they can get to experience a real Dolby Vision TV...

People who loves tech, they should know that, Dolby Vision requires atleast 800 nits of brightness to properly display Dolby Vision enabled contents
Not true. My laptop has only 300 but brightness, and when I turn windows hd colour on and off, I can see the difference

Not true. My laptop has only 300 but brightness, and when I turn windows hd colour on and off, I can see the difference
Completely unrelated reply...I'm talking about Dolby Vision here, not the laptop displays...You can read more about Dolby Vision in Google if you want to...People who knows about Dolby Vision knows its minimum requirements...

Completely unrelated reply...I'm talking about Dolby Vision here, not the laptop displays...You can read more about Dolby Vision in Google if you want to...
I have a laptop with Dolby vision. I can feel the difference in a 300 not display

I have a laptop with Dolby vision. I can feel the difference in a 300 not display
I have a $3000 worth of MSI gaming laptop...Dolby Vision display is only available on 4k displays...Your display can be "Dolby-Vision" ready...Read my earlier comment properly...

And Dolby Vision has nothing to do with "windows color on & off"...That's called Digital Vibrance...

I have a $3000 worth of MSI gaming laptop...Dolby Vision display is only available on 4k displays...Your display can be "Dolby-Vision" ready...Read my earlier comment properly...
Nope. Dolby Vision, not Dolby vision ready.

Nope. Dolby Vision, not Dolby vision ready.
Your lappy must have an HDR10 panel too then...It's no harm to stick to your own beliefs..Plus this is the reason why Motorola will sell huge number of TVs on Flipkart's Big Billion Day because customers do believe on what's written on the product boxes or on the stickers of the panels...I'm not gonna argue with you on this coz I know what the reality is...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock