Offbeat News of the Day

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 543
  • Views: Views 103,589
ALWAR: It was a wedding with many firsts — one that kept guests guessing. For starters, the baraat was the bride’s. And she rode on a chariot to the groom’s house. There was no priest or mahurat either, and vows solemnly sworn on the Constitution. Instead of accepting presents, the couple gave out gifts: books to set up a public library in their village. That’s not all. The wedding was plastic-free and guests went home with a copy of the Constitution and a sapling.

When Ajay Jatav, who works in a private company in Hyderabad, tied the knot with Babita in Karoli village, 20 km from Alwar city, the duo turned many traditions on their head. “Ajay and I wanted to rewrite some conventions to ensure gender equality. We meant to send social messages through our marriage. I’m happy our ideas were accepted by our families and now people are talking about it. I hope we have inspired more couples to do the same,” said bride Babita, who led her baraat.

Rajasthan: At wedding without priests, vows sworn on Constitution - Times of India

Source

tt7XjNT.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock