Breaking NZC and Prime Video India Sign a Six Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Still !!! These Rights Will Definitely Be Shared With Star Sports/Sony Sports In Future Because:👇🏻
LOL! Star & Sony did not want them in the first place why will lisence from Prime. India is playing only 3 ODIs in NZ in the next three years. Any ROI which Amazon plans is surrounded around that series. Atleast for attracting people they won't lisence to anyone. This deal is for attract people buddy, why will they loose their only selling point?

And BTW! You think Amazon thinks that people are not having subscription, so we shall share with others? That's the point where they will push people to subscribe for Prime.

Last edited:
Good and bad news. With sports coming to Prime Video. Expect Amazon to increase the price of Amazon Prime.

Streaming is costly and not so viable option in tier 2-3 cities. Why did Amazon brought this right? I think it's fate will same as FB-Laliga rights.

Last edited:
Streaming is costly and not so viable option in tier 2-3 cities. Why did Amazon brought this right? It's fate will same as FB-Laliga rights.
It's just testing the waters buddy! They would have got it very cheaply as very less Indian matches are scheduled. They can do all sorts of analytics before determining if they should bid for next cycles of Indian rights I guess.

Can they put ads between overs like Hotstar?
They have the tech for it. Even now they show ads of their shows while playing any video some times. But it's NZC rights, Star itself doesn't had many ads during NZ matches(excluding NZ V Ind). So there won't many ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock