Breaking NZC and Prime Video India Sign a Six Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ik this year's India tour of Australia is promised to be telecasted on Fox Sports UHD with no breaks. But I'm not sure last year's was telecasted in UHD. But sure its a good thing which means others will also move towards it.

But then if we are expecting Star to produce in 4k we have to be ready to pay for it as well as it requires a lot bandwidth and Indian subscription is not good enough to Cover those costs in addition to those huge BCCI paychecks.
Yeah Last year it telecasted in 4K UHD without breaks in fox cricket. Same this year. Hope newzealand also produces in 4K,so that Amazon prime video will telecast in 4K unlike sonyliv (Blurry sh*t all the time and hotstar which is limited to 25fps)

What about TV broadcasting rights in India?

Means no TV broadcast ☹️😶
Amazon on their Press Release stated exclusive rights for Live cricket. If any broadcaster wants the same they have to secure the same from Amazon rather than NZC. Only two tours of India is scheduled in these 6 years which may also be another reason Star /Sony haven't shown interest.

I think Amazon & Netflix will be in the race for next IPL/BCCI DIGITAL rights.

I think Amazon & Netflix will be in the race for next IPL/BCCI DIGITAL rights.
Only if Disney-Star decides not pick Global rights as they did last time. IPL seems not be generating any operationing loss for them and Disney's passive aggressive nature will also test others I guess. Will see as all ICC, BCCI and IPL are going to expire in the same period i.e, 2023 how Disney and Star will be bidding for them.

Only if Disney-Star decides not pick Global rights as they did last time. IPL seems not be generating any operationing loss for them and Disney's passive aggressive nature will also test others I guess. Will see as all ICC, BCCI and IPL are going to expire in the same period i.e, 2023 how Disney and Star will be bidding for them.
IPL & BCCI rights expires in 2022 and ICC rights in 2023.

IPL & BCCI rights expires in 2022 and ICC rights in 2023.
Yes! They all going to be having Auctions at the same time is what I was saying that is backend of 2022. ICC normally goes for auctions 1 year in advance, last time eventhough the rights were starting after 2015WC they held auction in 2014, same goes for this time as, ICC broadcaster has to have many backend deals where they don't have any presence. And BCCI is till 2022-23 season not 2022. And new IPL broadcaster will get rights from 1st January 2023, same way Star got rights in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock