New Airtel 4g hotspot - Please give your opinion

I read about 2 major problem in Huawei 4G device is:
1 manual selection of 4G (Only 4G) option is not there. it always switch between 4G to 3G if u have weak signal.
2. The dongle is injected with adware that redirects all connected devices to huaweiconnect.co.in that inturn redirects an Amazon affiliate page for honor phone once per session.
That's correct I think. Saw many reviews online. And I saw that it heats up while using continuously

Last edited:
I am not sure whether 1gb/day for 84 days plan available for dongles also. According to airtel terms and conditions it's only for 4g sim and 4g handset.
Regarding coverage, I can't check whether device gives decent coverage or network reception before buying. That's the reason I am asking other DDF members opinion who are already using it. :)

The airtel store near my place giving that offer
it's a special plan for dongles and it's a monthly plan and not for 84 days.. read properly what I had written please so that you are not misinformed.

Also, we cannot say if any operator is good for your location as we can just tell you about the plans and benefits and not the actual real life usability of the same..

That's correct I think. Saw many reviews online. And I saw that it heats up while using continuously

For the huawei dongle 8372, i've hardly seen any ad..
because, there is no dongle software to install. It is just a plug and play USB dongle.. all the controls and settings you do is over Wifi and through 192.168.1.1 on a browser or Huawei Hi-Link app on your phone.. and trust me, this is a gem of a device.. heating - yes. but not as much that it can be compared to an iron box.. just a lil finger warm

Last edited:
The airtel store near my place giving that offer
it's a special plan for dongles and it's a monthly plan and not for 84 days.. read properly what I had written please so that you are not misinformed.

Also, we cannot say if any operator is good for your location as we can just tell you about the plans and benefits and not the actual real life usability of the same..

Thanks. But in my 1st post itself I written that the best available postpaid plan in my area is monthly ₹499+18%tax ~= 590 plan with 1gb/day usage. So I thought it's costly. Because in prepaid almost similar plan I will get for 349 incl.tax
For some selected users airtel is giving 84gb for 84 days also. This is the reason I am going for 3rd.party dongles and prepaid.

Regarding operator I don't have much choice as of now. I was just asking about signal reception capability of the dongle.

For example, in my home I saw moto g3 is having very good mobile signal reception capacity. Redmi note 4 is not great and newly brought LGQ6 has very poor 4g signal reception capacity

Is it Still a better option to buy this airtel 4G dongle at ₹949 today ...As later I can unlocked the dongle and can use other sim also.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock