Netflix News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 538
  • Views: Views 89,641
Netflix app is working fine for me on fire tv stick 4K.

@Msingh which netflix plan are you using on Vu TV? Also check display settings if resolution is set to Auto. Make it to 4K and see if it helps
I'm on 800 ₹ plan and have verified all settings, everything is correct.

Raised ticket to vu support, waiting for technician visit.

He might update your software, just check if he updates your software to any other update other than June, then try to get that update from him and save it to your local drive like laptop or HDD, it might help others to get this issue resolved, even I can use that update if it is any after June month and maybe even my issue gets resolved of the screen flickering, even once check with him about that flickering issue too on Dolby Vision Content.

See at the bottom of my screen, you'll see a horizontal green/pink line, it is appearing after few few seconds whenever I am playing any dolby vision content on Netflix application of Fire TV Stick 4K on same VU Premium Android TV

oXzMeZl.jpg

iDxMi39.jpg

qzGkhUl.jpg

FcRibez.jpg

Last edited:
He might update your software, just check if he updates your software to any other update other than June, then try to get that update from him and save it to your local drive like laptop or HDD, it might help others to get this issue resolved, even I can use that update if it is any after June month and maybe even my issue gets resolved of the screen flickering, even once check with him about that flickering issue too on Dolby Vision Content.

See at the bottom of my screen, you'll see a horizontal green/pink line, it is appearing after few few seconds whenever I am playing any dolby vision content on Netflix application of Fire TV Stick 4K on same VU Premium Android TV

oXzMeZl.jpg

iDxMi39.jpg

qzGkhUl.jpg

FcRibez.jpg
Sure, I will check. Currently my tv is running on April security updates.

Sure, I will check. Currently my tv is running on April security updates.
Just check have you connected any bluetooth device like headphones or speaker connected to your tv, if yes then remove all bluetooth devices under bluetooth settings, even if they are not connected just unpair everything, restart the tv and then check if it gives the options of Dolby Vision and 4K or not.

I read it somewhere long time ago, a user was facing similar issue, just give it a try

Just check have you connected any bluetooth device like headphones or speaker connected to your tv, if yes then remove all bluetooth devices under bluetooth settings, even if they are not connected just unpair everything, restart the tv and then check if it gives the options of Dolby Vision and 4K or not.

I read it somewhere long time ago, a user was facing similar issue, just give it a try
Yes, I have connected bluetooth speaker. I will try and update once I reach home.

***** BOOM *****

Netflix started showing 4k & Dolby vision content soon after removing the Bluetooth speakers.

And again stopped the minute Bluetooth speakers were connected.

What could be the reason, VU support person is coming tomorrow so let's see what they have to say.

***** BOOM *****

Netflix started showing 4k & Dolby vision content soon after removing the Bluetooth speakers.

And again stopped the minute Bluetooth speakers were connected.

What could be the reason, VU support person is coming tomorrow so let's see what they have to say.
This is because 4K content plays thorough HDCP version 2.2 (HDCP 2.2 is a technology designed to prevent illegal copying of 4K Ultra HD content.)
Hence your bluetooth speaker does not have HDCP 2.2, Netflix stopped playing 4K content.

If you want to play 4K content all devices should be compatible with HDCP version 2.2.

Say for example, if you want to connect Home Theater to you TV, then then Home Theater must have HDCP 2.2 version enabled HDMI port. Also the HDMI cable which is used to connect between your TV and Home theater must have HDCP 2.2 support, then only you can view the 4K content.

So you must be very careful, if you want to buy Home Theater for 4K content. Without HDCP 2.2 the 4K will not play.

Note: HDCP 2.2 is a hardware related, not software related, so software update will not fix this issue.

Last edited:
This is because 4K content plays thorough HDCP version 2.2 (HDCP 2.2 is a technology designed to prevent illegal copying of 4K Ultra HD content.)
Hence your bluetooth speaker does not have HDCP 2.2, Netflix stopped playing 4K content.

If you want to play 4K content all devices should be compatible with HDCP version 2.2.

Say for example, if you want to connect Home Theater to you TV, then then Home Theater must have HDCP 2.2 version enabled HDMI port. Also the HDMI cable which is used to connect between your TV and Home theater must have HDCP 2.2 support, then only you can view the 4K content.

So you must be very careful, if you want to buy Home Theater for 4K content. Without HDCP 2.2 the 4K will not play.

Note: HDCP 2.2 is a hardware related, not software related, so software update will not fix this issue.
Got it, will suspend the Netflix account or change the plan to only HD.

Overall, Netflix is really crazy.

Got it, will suspend the Netflix account or change the plan to only HD.

Overall, Netflix is really crazy.
yeah.. it's a hassle for consumers only... whereas Piracy is still going on..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock