Netflix News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 538
  • Views: Views 89,762
Bro is your tv having Dolby Vision, because even I tried on my Flatmates TV and he has 4K Tv with no Dolby Vision and both of my fire sticks were working perfectly on Netflix on his TV, this has to do something with Dolby Vision

Even another user reported same issue on Reddit yesterday, only difference is he is getting white horizontal flickers and I am getting green/pink horizontal flickers.
I'm planning to use optical audio output to use soundbar hoping that shouldn't cause any issue. I have ordered cable and will update the outcome.

This seems to be Netflix restrictions, forget about Dolby vision even 4k or UHD content are not displaying.

Update!!! Optical audio is working fine so is Aux, only problem is with Bluetooth.

Last edited:
I am not getting 4K on any of the hotstar shows. How to chck if its 4K? Quality wise it doesnt look 4K to me

Netflix Starts Streaming Video Content on Android in AV1 Codec to Allow for Reduced Data Consumption

Netflix has started streaming videos in AV1, the new video codec that is claimed to compress content 20 percent more efficiently than the existing VP9 codec. Initially, the video streaming platform has provided selected titles in AV1 for viewers who want to reduce their cellular data usage. The AV1 codec, which is also known as AOMedia Video 1, is a royalty-free video coding format that has been developed and managed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) that was founded back in 2015 by a group of tech companies including Amazon, Google, Intel, Microsoft, and Netflix. Apple also joined the consortium in 2018.

Netflix Adopts New Video Codec to Allow Reduced Data Consumption on Android

Netflix Starts Streaming Video Content on Android in AV1 Codec to Allow for Reduced Data Consumption

Netflix has started streaming videos in AV1, the new video codec that is claimed to compress content 20 percent more efficiently than the existing VP9 codec. Initially, the video streaming platform has provided selected titles in AV1 for viewers who want to reduce their cellular data usage. The AV1 codec, which is also known as AOMedia Video 1, is a royalty-free video coding format that has been developed and managed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) that was founded back in 2015 by a group of tech companies including Amazon, Google, Intel, Microsoft, and Netflix. Apple also joined the consortium in 2018.

Netflix Adopts New Video Codec to Allow Reduced Data Consumption on Android
This is really great. Any idea of the list of titles supported in this format? WOuld like to compare quality and data consumption with and without AV1

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock