Discussion Netflix loses 2 lakh customers in last 3 months. More to leave soon?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 42
  • Views: Views 5,683

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Netflix suffered its first subscriber loss in more than a decade, causing its shares to plunge 25% in extended trading amid concerns that the pioneering streaming service may have already seen its best days.

Netflix acknowledged its problems are deep rooted by projecting a loss of another 2 million subscribers during the April-June period.

The guy who practically said his service is too premium to have ads has finally announced an Ad-supported plan in the works... Next is their id*otic subscription fee... They are charging more than hbo max, the premium service provider in the US for the standard tier... Let's see how it goes.

Personally I prefere ad free content when I am paying for subscription, however they should cater to both audience for ad free vs ad content with different pricing. Also they should focus on annual subscription plans that could help them generate revenue and should target to survive by bringing more local contents to the respective countries.

In recent months there hasn’t been any eye catching show on Netflix, last time I remember watching a Netflix season was All of Us are Dead, and last good movie was weeks back in Adam Project, subscribers were bound to drop their subscriptions as it is the most expensive among the lot, they need some content like Squid Game/Stranger Things level once in a while to get subscribers back

Another can be their binge theory, as a customer I love getting all 8/10 episodes at one go but is it a good business model not sure about that as HBO and Disney drop one episode per week so customers are bound to retain their subscriptions but that is just the thing I don’t want Netflix to follow obviously we all love binging

Last edited:
Another can be their binge theory, as a customer I love getting all 8/10 episodes at one go but is it a good business model not sure about that as HBO and Disney drop one episode per week so customers are bound to retain their subscriptions but that is just the thing I don’t want Netflix to follow obviously we all love binging
They are anyway doing the same in a different way.. They are basically splitting many popular series into volumes separated by quarters to retain consumers in two quarters.. Examples are Ozark, Stranger Things S4. Many other popular shows may soon follow that as well.

I follow only two shows on Netflix. Never Have I Ever and Explained. Later is released on weekly basis. If they upload all shows on weekly basis by charging half the price they are doing. They can acquire lots of new subscribers.

Disney + Destroyed The Binge Watching Theory... Weekly Episodes Are Boring.. If One Episode Is Slow We Will Forget About The Show By Next Week And Won't Watch Further Episodes..
In my opinion the pattern netflix now following like volume 1,2 this pattern is good...

I am going to drop hotstar if they loose ipl rights and hbo max content...

And In My Opinion Netflix Is Looking For Long Term.. Because They Are Producing More Content Instead Of Licensing.. It will help them in future.
May be we are hyping disney + there marvel shows are not good (only loved loki)

In netflix we got more content.. Every week instead of one or two episodes..
In my opinion netflix needs to improve their story selection and reduce crap..and put that money in good content.. That's it.. Regarding pricing every company will do that sometime..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock