Discussion Netflix loses 2 lakh customers in last 3 months. More to leave soon?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 42
  • Views: Views 5,651
Subscription model is failing....Prime and Zee5 adding rent model is an outcome of failing subscription model.

One way a subscription model can succeed is if they add some regularly updating sections....for example in newspapers, there is comics section which updates daily, weekly etc.

TV channels follow subscription model...they are successful because each time slot is regularly updating.....example, 7pm-8pm is "Cartoon Hour" on a channel....everyday in this time slot you can watch new cartoons....people look forward to what will come in this time-slot.

So you have to give people something to look forward to or wait for every day or every week.

Subscription model is failing....Prime and Zee5 adding rent model is an outcome of failing subscription model.

One way a subscription model can succeed is if they add some regularly updating sections....for example in newspapers, there is comics section which updates daily, weekly etc.

TV channels follow subscription model...they are successful because each time slot is regularly updating.....example, 7pm-8pm is "Cartoon Hour" on a channel....everyday in this time slot you can watch new cartoons....people look forward to what will come in this time-slot.

So you have to give people something to look forward to or wait for every day or every week.
It's growing not falling at all. Exception of Netflix ofcourse. Movies on rent means nothing.

Some of your points are right....
People need something new and for fixed time slots.. And mainly in India most of ott offers yearly plans... And intentionally they are doing it.... But somehow it is wrong in my opinion... Because people may think what we need to pay 1500 at a time... In my case prime subscription I unsubscribed prime after the recent price hike.... Because I only watched few shows within year subscription.. Like boys wheel of time family man that's it.. And some new movies which are below 20 titles... And after price hike i don't think it's worth any more... If hotstar loses ipl rights... Same thing will happen with hotstar.. If they provide monthly subscription which are worth.... At least we can rotate those subscription

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock