Breaking Netflix is shutting its operations in Russia

Reaction score
Streaming giant Netflix has suspended its services in Russia to protest the country's full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

Earlier this week, the streaming service had announced that it would pause all future projects and acquisitions from Russia, joining a growing list of companies that have cut ties with the country

Russia has already removed restrictions on many Torrent sites, as many studios aren't releasing new movies. And is also planning to legalise software piracy of companies which have stopped working.

Most pirated sites are Russian sites. There social media itself was hub for piracy. I don't think they have strong piracy laws either. It won't bring much difference to content makers. At a time when average Russian is heading towards tough time buying necessities. Movies and series would be the last thing Russians will be worrying about.

Most pirated sites are Russian sites. There social media itself was hub for piracy. I don't think they have strong piracy laws either. It won't bring much difference to content makers. At a time when average Russian is heading towards tough time buying necessities. Movies and series would be the last thing Russians will be worrying about.
later part i agree buying essential items people would focus more rather than on some ott service. In past few years Russia have made stricter laws to combat piracy and even forced some sites to take down copyrighted content even if you check their version of yt and have been blocked due to violating copyright law of moscow, that' one of the reasons why even netflix managed to have more users there and even Hollywood continued to release their movies there till now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock