Disney is shutting down Hotstar in the United States

marvel44

Believe
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
Beginning Sept. 1, ESPN+ will serve as the new U.S. streaming home for live cricket events from the VIVO IPL, ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, and BCCI home tours for the India national team. Hotstar Specials and select Bollywood content will also be available on Hulu beginning Sept. 1, with thousands of additional movies and series episodes to be added in the future. The move from Hotstar, a premium brand for South Asian content, to ESPN+ and Hulu in the U.S. expands upon the rich and diverse catalog of live events and stories delivered across The Disney Bundle and provides a platform for South Asian content to reach broader audiences.

VIVO IPL 2021, the world’s most popular T20 cricket league, will resume its 14th season on Sunday, Sept. 19, on ESPN+ in the U.S. when the Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians meet in Dubai. The match will be the first of the remaining IPL matches (more than 30) in the 2021 schedule, all available on ESPN+. In addition to the league stage, ESPN+ will stream live the 1st Qualifier, Eliminator and Qualifier 2 matches, as well as the VIVO IPL 2021 Final on Friday, Oct. 15, in Dubai. In 2022, all 62 matches of the IPL season will stream live on ESPN+ beginning in March.

Omg. This is unfair. Now I have to buy Espn+ too ☹️.
You can opt for DISNEY-BUNDLE options which Disney is gonna give you if you have active Hotstar subscription and no other Disney subscription..

My suggestion to take the offer with a new mail id/ payment option and cancel the existing subscriptions.

Last edited:
Searched Laxmii a few days ago and it was available on Hulu. Then itself I predicted that Hotstar content may be moved to Hulu in US.

I wonder what will happen to south indian content. Will they also move to Hulu?

I think with this move, Disney may get more aggressive in acquisition and production of Indian content.

Last edited:
Searched Laxmii a few days ago and it was available on Hulu. Then itself I predicted that Hotstar content may be moved to Hulu in US.

I wonder what will happen to south indian content. Will they also move to Hulu?

I think with this move, Disney may get more aggressive in acquisition and production of Indian content.
Yes, already telugu content Baahubali, mirchi,atharintiki daaredi available

so for cricket, only 2 broadcasters in USA from noe on. previously we have to buy 3 (hotstar,espn +, willow).

Now ESPN + has Newzealand home cricket, WestIndies home Cricket, BCCI, IPL, ICC
Willow -- SouthAfrica cricket, pakistan Cricket, Srilanka Cricket, AUstralia Cricket, England Cricket, Zimbabwe cricket, Ireland cricket home matches , CPL, ICC.

Yes, already telugu content Baahubali, mirchi,atharintiki daaredi available
They seems to have opted to make Hotstar as a content hub on Hulu just like they have for FX.. Is this the case now on Hulu or yet to be implemented?. And also, are all original shows and movies are available now on Hulu? U can post screenshots if they are available as such..

They seems to have opted to make Hotstar as a content hub on Hulu just like they have for FX.. Is this the case now on Hulu or yet to be implemented?. And also, are all original shows and movies are available now on Hulu? U can post screenshots if they are available as such..
g0PxpHb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock