Discussion Netflix CEO frustrated over failure in India, share fell 20% and more

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 50
  • Views: Views 5,175
Family oriented English content is the best on Netflix. Some of them available with regional audios too. Original regional content needs a major revamp. They should get into business with better people. Applause entertainment, TVF etc can give them what they need
Can you recommend few family oriented shows?

Can you recommend few family oriented shows?
The shows I have liked are Family reunion, Alexa and Catie, One day at a time (prematurely ended), No good Nick, The good Witch, Free rien and loads and loads of slow pace family movies which I like. If you are into animation, there are trollhunter series (4 series + 1 movie), Dragon prince, Shera, he man, jurassic world etc.

They also have a dedicated page on this category.

The shows I have liked are Family reunion, Alexa and Catie, One day at a time (prematurely ended), No good Nick, The good Witch, Free rien and loads and loads of slow pace family movies which I like. If you are into animation, there are trollhunter series (4 series + 1 movie), Dragon prince, Shera, he man, jurassic world etc.

They also have a dedicated page on this category.
i agree with the family & kids content netflix have is really god , they should also try to dub it indian languages - hindi , tamil, telugu ,kannada & malayalam . they are indirectly working wih sun kids to dub boss baby series for sun kids channels in tamil , telugu, kannada and malayalam. users also want to show their children new content as they want to watch new content in their languages as the kids channels are mostly on showing repeat eps except few channels .

even MX player has dubbed k drama/ chinese drama/turkish drama approx 7-8 drama series in tamil , telugu , kannada , malayalam, etc and in other languages though its ad supported even the users from other regions want to see more new content in their languages so they can connect with it.

netflix is doing good using youtubers to promote their content and shows and indirectly motivating users to watch legally even youtuber are sharing ideas to share subscription it is one of the reason why atleast some of the users started using legally or monthly plans . even jio blocking most of the piracy websites have greatly helped them to reduce piracy and blocking of telegram channels , even airtel doesnt allow watching the sites directly through the browsers and the especially adverse pop up which increasingly shows spam type pop ups when clicking or pausing the video while watching through other site has indirectly forced some % of people to not use those sites.

the content they have are definitely good but they are not promoting their kids content , k drama , original anime shows which are family friendly or dubbing it i various indian languages or promoting it due to which people only end up focusing on select few series of -ed or similar series typish shows or the over rated movies' ex bollywood few they bought fr over price recently they did good by buying and promoting minnal murali and promoting it properly . they could have done same fr the pokemon movie in kids content or doraemon movie but sadly they didnt do that much.

even if they dub their own netflix original family & kids animated/live shows along with k drama, anime kids and buyihng right movies and dub it in indian languges they could be able to succeed to some extent. they should also promote their kids shows aggresively like they do for their other series atleast through their social media posts , just by posting random youtube posts wont help to reach all the audience. when they use those yotubers even audience from indian languages belt would expect content to be available in their own languages as welll not in just select 1 or 2 indian languages.

even if netflix earns some profit it does help amazon indirectly to some extent as netflix uses AWS as server .

Last edited:
The major reason for its failure in Indian operation is their mind set towards India. Netflix strongly believes "Hindi Is India". At least they should realize NOW that adding regional language (Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu etc) audio feeds for their popular contents CAN ONLY SAVE them from free fall.

The major reason for its failure in Indian operation is their mind set towards India. Netflix strongly believes "Hindi Is India". At least they should realize NOW that adding regional language (Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu etc) audio feeds for their popular contents CAN ONLY SAVE them from free fall.
Audio feeds won't do anything Velu bro. They would've have to bring strong regional originals like what Zee5 and Hotstar is already doing.

I don't think so.. Money Heist and Squid Games fetched good amount to Netfilx only due to South India

Netflix should bundle ultra HD plan with Flipkart free shipping like Amazon prime and Spotify similar to Amazon music and offer it for ₹1499/yr

Flipkart Plus users would have to spend ₹5000 to renew and normal user would have to spend ₹10,000 to get the plus membership. Both membership for one screen of Netflix 4K and monthly cost of Spotify combined would cost ₹8,977. Leaving ₹1023 for them to offer free shippings and early access. I think instead of rewards for products. Flipkart can offer a basic Netflix plan and individual user Spotify plan annually for Flipkart Plus users. Current method of earning coins to get rewards like that of Hotstar, Voot, Sony Liv etc. are not worth it when we can save a lot of cost by buying bundles. Flipkart can become more preferred platform than Amazon if such complimentary benefits are offered.

I don't think so.. Money Heist and Squid Games fetched good amount to Netfilx only due to South India
You mean other than South India, none of the other Indian states watch or understand English/International shows?😶

Quite a bold statement to make in a scenario where Netflix or any other streamer isn’t releasing statewise numbers

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock