Seeking Help Need to decide between Jio Fiber and RailTel

Choose what your neighbors are opting for. If things go south (and it might) collective protest will enforce prompt resolution from the LCO.

Look, I don't have any of those but in my opinion, local isp usually better than big companies like jio, bsnl, airtel broadband. Because they offer affordable unlimited plan to compete with other biggies. And they are not that strict on banning any site. They know what customers want to watch.

And in real life 100mbps speed is not important at all. Because for 4K streaming you need just 40 mbps.. that's more than enough. And you can't download anything at 100mbps speed because of the server's upload limit per users (variable) and your HDD will have to run faster and chances of get damaged (cpu usage also rises up).
So unlimited plan is most important thing for me....

Another thing about Railwire is more than one person has the same IP. The IP which I am using right now might have other users as well. It is known to create problems for gamers.

No JioFiber, today only removed their device from my home, too much website blocking, bad routing, the modem takes a lot of time to re-connect once there is a power cut or reboot, the plans are awful, the post FUP speed is terrible, my local isp will give me 10 Mbps unlimited for 485 bucks, which is enough for me 😇

local isp usually better than big companies like jio, bsnl, airtel broadband.
In fact, bsnl was the better option compared to either other corporations or locals
Because for 4K streaming you need just 40 mbps
Nobody at home except me have a laptop so 4K streaming doesn't matter.
And you can't download anything at 100mbps speed because of the server's upload limit per users (variable)
People at home not interested to download stuff. Just basic things in their phone should work fine.
and your HDD will have to run faster and chances of get damaged (cpu usage also rises up).
Not really an issue if everyone at home has the latest CPU, as well as SSD on laptop and ufs based storage on phones
So unlimited plan is most important thing for me....
Apart from jio, bsnl and railtel, none of the others here have unlimited plans. That's the problem, otherwise would've looked for others as well.
Another thing about Railwire is more than one person has the same IP. The IP which I am using right now might have other users as well. It is known to create problems for gamers.
Oh dear, then I'm doomed, though none of the others have a problem with it. Any proof for this?
bad routing
Why is that?
the modem takes a lot of time to re-connect once there is a power cut or reboot
Not a problem here, we have an inverter
my local isp will give me 10 Mbps unlimited for 485 bucks, which is enough for me 😇
That's the problem. Only bsnl, jio and railtel have unlimited plans. Since bsnl is down, these are the only options i have.
I'm Not Happy With Jio Fiber Bro!

Look For Something Else
Why, what happened bro? Also can you reply on that 7 point questionnaire in the first post?

as well as SSD on laptop and ufs based storage on phones
I can't agree with this point. 2TB SSD cost about Rs 20k in India. I don't know the exact price but it's not affordable for all. I need that much space because i download HD movies and some HD videos and Games. So as of now HDD still best option for larger space. But their writing speed is much lower than 100mbps..

Oh dear, then I'm doomed, though none of the others have a problem with it. Any proof for this?
If you make a Google Search from browser URL tab, you will have to pass a captcha test.

If you upload image to imgur.com, you have to solve Google recaptcha before upload completes.

That's it. It happens everywhere with Railwire because they have less IPs and they assign same IPs to various users and many end up misusing it for which rest of the same IP range assigned users face trouble.

Hey all, it's been exactly 2 months that my bsnl broadband has been dead, and it's feeling like ages now. So our family has decided to ditch our bsnl broadband and look for alternatives.

So, in my place, i have 2 options- jiofiber and railtel broadband. There are others too like Kerala vision and all, but these 2 stand out for me. I'm more interested for the following questions on jio fiber:

1. Is there no base plan below ₹699? I heard a few people taking about it here, can't find it exactly where
2. Even in the ₹699 plan, do we get the advertised speed of 100 Mbps all the time?
3. I also read there are monthly vouchers of ₹351 giving 1TB data available. Will this be available to New customers like us as well? I need to be sure on this point, otherwise I'm going for railtel
4. I did hear railtel blocks a few websites like reddit. Are sites (other than p**n) banned here as well?
5. Do the ₹351 voucher increase the speed anyhow, or is it going to be the same as the base plan?
6. How is the performance of the ott apps in comparison to the mobile app counterparts?
7. How is gaming on jiofiber, as they're advertising it...
I am not from your location but i am jio fiber user for last 6 months. From my experience i am answering your questions.

1. Base plan starts from 699 + GST for 100GB. There is a weekly plan for 199 + GST which provides 1TB @ 100Mbps.

2. You will get 90-95Mbps download and 10Mbps upload because jio reduced upload speeds to 1 by 10th of download speed i.e 1:10 ratio. For example, If you opt for 250Mbps plan you will get 25Mbps upload speed.

3. ₹351 plan is not available in Jio fiber.

4.yes p**n sites are banned as well as some random sites are blocked too.

5. Same as answer number 3.

6. I am not using any ott apps but general youtube, hotstar is working fine.

7. I am not a gamer but their routing sucks i am attaching a screenshot of ping test you can conclude from that. Zero latency gaming is just a gimmick they can't even give proper pings within India 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot-20191222-122528.png

Last edited:
Would you please elaborate as to why it's not worth it, over anything else?
Yeah . List here
1. No live TV
2. If live implement you should rc silver plan cost 1000+rs just 400gb( only Einstein brain people will recharge )
3. Upload speed only 10 mbps-
4. High ping
5. Service is not good
6. Plans price is high ( I mean less data high speed )
7. Fake promises at launch

Now tell any good thing if u have.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock