Seeking Help Need to decide between Jio Fiber and RailTel

U999X0D

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all, it's been exactly 2 months that my bsnl broadband has been dead, and it's feeling like ages now. So our family has decided to ditch our bsnl broadband and look for alternatives.

So, in my place, i have 2 options- jiofiber and railtel broadband. There are others too like Kerala vision and all, but these 2 stand out for me. I'm more interested for the following questions on jio fiber:

1. Is there no base plan below ₹699? I heard a few people taking about it here, can't find it exactly where
2. Even in the ₹699 plan, do we get the advertised speed of 100 Mbps all the time?
3. I also read there are monthly vouchers of ₹351 giving 1TB data available. Will this be available to New customers like us as well? I need to be sure on this point, otherwise I'm going for railtel
4. I did hear railtel blocks a few websites like reddit. Are sites (other than p**n) banned here as well?
5. Do the ₹351 voucher increase the speed anyhow, or is it going to be the same as the base plan?
6. How is the performance of the ott apps in comparison to the mobile app counterparts?
7. How is gaming on jiofiber, as they're advertising it...

Last edited:
Railwire is better now compared to Jio plans. Not sure how much Jio Fiber might change in the coming days.

I think you would already be aware of all the upload speed fiasco with Jio and I am not gonna dig into that. The problem of site blocking is more severe in Jio and I hate the fact that they use DPI for packet inspection which is the only operator in India to do so.

RailWire's reliability is much more dependent on the LCO but usually they offer great service and support and I think that the website blocks are at DNS level (I may be wrong) so easily bypassible without VPN, etc. Jio's plan are also not that enticing.

Hey all, it's been exactly 2 months that my bsnl broadband has been dead, and it's feeling like ages now. So our family has decided to ditch our bsnl broadband and look for alternatives.

So, in my place, i have 2 options- jiofiber and railtel broadband. There are others too like Kerala vision and all, but these 2 stand out for me. I'm more interested for the following questions on jio fiber:

1. Is there no base plan below ₹699? I heard a few people taking about it here, can't find it exactly where
2. Even in the ₹699 plan, do we get the advertised speed of 100 Mbps all the time?
3. I also read there are monthly vouchers of ₹351 giving 1TB data available. Will this be available to New customers like us as well? I need to be sure on this point, otherwise I'm going for railtel
4. I did hear railtel blocks a few websites like reddit. Are sites (other than p**n) banned here as well?
5. Do the ₹351 voucher increase the speed anyhow, or is it going to be the same as the base plan?
6. How is the performance of the ott apps in comparison to the mobile app counterparts?
7. How is gaming on jiofiber, as they're advertising it...
@Vadirocks what's your say on this?

Don't choose Jio Fiber. Let them come up with better plans first.

Railwire has almost all their IPs blacklisted. You will spend a lot of your time filling " I am not a robot ". But if the LCO support is good, Railwire is a healthy choice. Take feedback from locals as well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock