Seeking Help Need help with my amazon account

Dhanasekar

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have been using Amazon for more than 3-4 years and purchased many products. I had purchase for more than 50000 rupees during the Amazon Prime day sale. And as per their terms and conditions, i got a instant discount of 1750 on the purchase day the remaining cashback amount would be sent to my credit card by 17th Sep 2018. On 18th Sep, I got a SMS from Amazon that the cashback was processed and was sent to my credit card, and they asked me to check the unbilled transactions section of my credit card. Unfortunately the amount was not credited and i waited till the bill generation date to see if it gets reflected in the credit card bill which is of 6th Oct. but i do not see any cashbacks for the prime day purchase. I had called my HDFC customer care and they said that the payment was not released from Amazon and they asked me to contact Amazon.

I also contact Amazon on 27th of Sep in the mean time and they said that they have raised the issue and their backend team is investigating on this. Initially they asked me to wait for 24 hrs, then 2 days and then 5 days and now they said that i need to wait for 7-10 working days. I am yet to get the cash back till now...

In the meantime, on 3rd of Oct 2018, i had loaded 3000 rupees in Amazon pay and did two recharges, i had kept the remaining amount for the Great Indian Purchase..
On 6th of Oct when i tried to login to my account, i got a error message that the password is incorrect. I tried to login 3 to 4 times, but got the same error message. Then i used the forgot password option, reset the password and got mail from Amazon that my password is reset successfully. I tired to login with the new password, but got the same error message that the password is incorrect. I tried to reset the password for more that 4-5 times but i am getting same error message. I tried to contact the amazon customer care for more that 4-5 times to get my account back. but they are giving silly reasons, one guy told that my account is kept on hold, but he did not get proper reason on why my account is kept on hold, one lady asked me the account details for verification and told that their backend team would contact me soon, another guy did the same thing. one guy asked me to send a mail to amazon team regarding the issue.

So far my issue is not resolved. My cashback for appx. 4000 rupees is in danger. my amazon pay money which is of 2654 is in danger. I have a doubt that they had voluntarily kept my account on hold since i raised the issue for not getting the cashback.

Could you anyone suggest me what do i need to do next? Do i need to take any legal action or complain on any forum? Your suggestion please...

I have never seen such issue from Amazon. Try tweeting them on their handle, so that there will be public attention on your issue.

This 2 working days, 6 working days, backend team happened with me so many times. We can't do anything on that. One thing is for sure, if you don't get the cashback within time period mentioned initially, you'll NEVER.
Coming to 2nd concern, today me too faced this log-in issue, but fortunately for me I got-away with resetting the password (& logged-in successfully). You can try a password reset 2nd time. If not successful, please shoot a mail to CC.
Edit: For @Siva bro's info, I spent at least 40 hours (unbelievable, but true) of unsuccessful conversations in last 6 months to get Rs. 50, Rs.30, Rs.100 cashbacks and also 2 'Lost in transit' deliveries!

Last edited:
@Pranab bro, I should have been specific. I meant the login issue post password reset. The cashback from Amazon is always late!!

@Siva bro, I'd like to differ! All the time, it's almost instant for me (which were mentioned as within 3 working days). But those I didn't get instantly, I never (except 2-3 occasions when I got after so many heated arguments). The latest being 'Auto-reload' cashbacks. I was so much frustrated that I started using slangs (**** you, ***hole) over phone and chat.

Last edited:
This is the first time, i am facing the issue. As per your instruction, i got the reply from amazon help and they gave a link and asked me to share more details. but when i try to click the link, it is asking for the username and password. As i already said, I'm unable to login, even now i changed my password and tried to login, it does not work. So without logging into my account, i cannot share the details to them. This is kind of technical loot.

Note: As per their terms and conditions, i need to get the issue resolved by 17th of Oct, after that they will not support me.

@Pranab bro, I got instant cashback only once on Amazon that too for the recent 3000 load to the Pay balance. Never before that I got it instantly, it was almost always after 3 days or more LOL!

This is the first time, i am facing the issue. As per your instruction, i got the reply from amazon help and they gave a link and asked me to share more details. but when i try to click the link, it is asking for the username and password. As i already said, I'm unable to login, even now i changed my password and tried to login, it does not work. So without logging into my account, i cannot share the details to them. This is kind of technical loot.

Note: As per their terms and conditions, i need to get the issue resolved by 17th of Oct, after that they will not support me.
Are you talking about the twitter response? Did you let them know that you can't login by clicking that link?

Last edited:
@Pranab bro, I got instant cashback only once on Amazon that too for the recent 3000 load to the Pay balance. Never before that I got it instantly, it was almost always after 3 days or more LOL!
I got the instant cashback roughly 12-15 times including last week's 300.
Didn't get 7-8 times (including 3-4 times which I got after some hard fights).

So finally i got my account back today after daily followups with the customer care, followups with twitter, facebook and google playstore. Now I need to chase with them for the cash back Rs.4000 appx which i am yet to receive in my HDFC Credit Card... Hope i get it soon.

Last edited:
In my opinion cashbacks are just one way to cheat us.

Everytime we see cashbacks missed for few users and if they tend to forget they are at loss.

I don't understand why they frame offer such that cashbacks are given after 2-3 months and they provide limited time support for issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock