Breaking Modi Cabinet approves 10 % reservation for economically backward upper caste sections (Parliament Passes Constitution Amendment Bill)

I didn't understand how they propose to fit this reservation to the maximum cap of 50% reservation in the country

Another complication is states like where upper caste people percent is less than 10%.

But, the word "General" indicates it is not just for Upper caste people.

In General category all caste people can get seats even one SC guy with higher mark than other caste people. Now if his family has more than 8L he may be forced to take the seat from 40% of general category - non reserve or a seat from SC reservation.

This is my understanding, need to read the fine prints once it is available in public domain.

I indicated previous govt policy they told one can manage 1 day food if they earn 30/day 😉😉

Still it is the same to measure below poverty level.

This needs constitution amendment, which need 2/3 of majority to pass. In current situation it is very hard to get , of course Govt should give time to all party to read and under the bill.

I like this move . Waiting for this long time since graduation time . Reservation system badly affected higher custe people in kolkata

Last edited:
Will prefer to keep silent in this thread at least . Just this one post Modi ji yeh jumla bazi kab taak ? May 2019 ? English Translation Mr Modi how many more months this jumla bazi will continue ???? May be till May 2019. But obviously I will keep on liking the posts which I support.

Atleast Modi ji dare to start this jumla which congress could not do in 60 years of ruling. Now whoever comes to power after next election, reservation has to be passed by them as no one can oppose it in election :lol:

Then SC should also deduct rule regarding SC/ST/OBC also in a single hearing which are the current rules and make India reservation free like Bangladesh. If reservation is made for certain groups even if they are super rich then those are OK but if laws are made for general poor then it's illigal. Am i missing something ?

In my understanding, caste came first and reservation followed. So either people have to be allowed to choose caste (plz check the quote given below) based on their profession so those suffering can alone enjoy reservation & there would be absolutely no caste based discrimination or the usage of the very word caste anywhere has to be banned followed by criminal proceedings so at first caste will be used only for marriage and reservation alone and when people stop using it slowly caste will vanish thus reservation too.

Hope im not saying something against the religion,

चातुर्वर्ण्यं मया सृष्टं गुणकर्मविभागश: |
तस्य कर्तारमपि मां विद्ध्यकर्तारमव्ययम् || 13||

chātur-varṇyaṁ mayā sṛiṣhṭaṁ guṇa-karma-vibhāgaśhaḥ
tasya kartāram api māṁ viddhyakartāram avyayam

The four categories of occupations were created by me according to people’s qualities and activities. Although I am the creator of this system, know me to be the non-doer and eternal.

The Vedas classify people into four categories of occupations, not according to their birth, but according to their natures. Such varieties of occupations exist in every society.

Ref: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 4, Verse 13

Atleast Modi ji dare to start this jumla which congress could not do in 60 years of ruling. Now whoever comes to power after next election, reservation has to be passed by them as no one can oppose it in election :lol:

Nopes, i believe this would be easily challenged in SC as it seems to be both against current reservation system (there is a cap on total reservation) and Article 14 "Right To Equality" could also be brought in as the very word "UNRESERVED" itself seems to be a category and they have 49% so again offering a different 10% sounds confusing.

In my understanding, caste came first and reservation followed. So either people have to be allowed to choose caste (plz check the quote given below) based on their profession so those suffering can alone enjoy reservation & there would be absolutely no caste based discrimination or the usage of the very word caste anywhere has to be banned followed by criminal proceedings so at first caste will be used only for marriage and reservation alone and when people stop using it slowly caste will vanish thus reservation too.

Hope im not saying something against the religion,

Ref: Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 4, Verse 13

It's a chicken and egg poblem bhai. If caste is the reason wy reservation exists then it's also true that reservation destroy brotherhood between Indians as some gets special treatment than others which is why cast system still prevails.

It's a chicken and egg poblem bhai. If caste is the reason wy reservation exists then it's also true that reservation destroy brotherhood between Indians as some gets special treatment than others which is why cast system still prevails.

Better i would say, Ban both Caste and Reservation. :)

Nopes, i believe this would be easily challenged in SC as it seems to be both against current reservation system (there is a cap on total reservation) and Article 14 "Right To Equality" could also be brought in as the very word "UNRESERVED" itself seems to be a category and they have 49% so again offering a different 10% sounds confusing.

If you have read the news then it's clearly says Govt is amending Articles 15 and 16. It' not just a simple law. Also curently there are many states where reservation is already greater than 50% like in TN where it is 69%

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock