Breaking Modi Cabinet approves 10 % reservation for economically backward upper caste sections (Parliament Passes Constitution Amendment Bill)

zl94ih.png

Guys read the news properly. The thread title is misleading.

10 % reservation for economically backward upper caste sections

that too <8LPA, <5acres land and houses<1000 sq.ft
Are these category comes under economically weaker section. answer is no
There are many dont have own house and have less than acre of land. So its really useless for truly economically weaker sections as they are again increasing competition only

It's a chicken and egg poblem bhai. If caste is the reason wy reservation exists then it's also true that reservation destroy brotherhood between Indians as some gets special treatment than others which is why cast system still prevails.

I preferred to be mute for multiple such questions in this thread. As I have seen your sensible posts in other threads here is my response.

The current reservation is based on social status.

Which was the effect of caste system existed for quite long time.

If you take representations in caste-wise government offices , IITs , IIMs you can see how the lower caste still not got into those jobs.

People may argue that they don't have merit to obtain those jobs. The fact is , the lower caste people were barred from education in olden days. If you see the upper caste people may have education for generations , but lower caste people might be first timers to schools / education.

There may be some exceptions in both sides , but that cannot be examples.

We still see people who are not ready to accept a SC guy as Panchayat leader , there are villages where untouchablity still in practice.

Reservation is not to abolish caste system, it is must to create a platform to bring up the lower caste people status.

One can become rich / poor based on his business / work.

But , Dalit's son would be always Dalit.

Why economic based reservation is not consistent , might not be right? Today (2019) I may be a banker , tomorrow (2021) I may lose job and my income may go below 8 Lakh. How the economy backward reservation is going to help my kid. My elder kid who may join college or job in 2019 will not get the reservation , but younger kid who may join college or job in 2021 will get the reservation!

Last edited:
I preferred to be mute for multiple such questions in this thread. As I have seen your sensible posts in other threads here is my response.

If you take representations in caste-wise government offices , IITs , IIMs you can see how the lower caste still not got into those jobs.

People may argue that they don't have merit to obtain those jobs. The fact is , the lower caste people were barred from education in olden days. If you see the upper caste people may have education for generations , but lower caste people might be first timers to schools / education.

We still see people who are not ready to accept a SC guy as Panchayat leader , there are villages where untouchablity still in practice.

Reservation is not to abolish caste system, it is must to create a platform to bring up the lower caste people status.

Today (2019) I may be a banker , tomorrow (2021) I may lose job and my income may go below 8 Lakh. How the economy backward reservation is going to help my kid. My elder kid who may join college or job in 2019 will not get the reservation , but younger kid who may join college or job in 2021 will get the reservation!

Unless caste is abolished, nothing will change. All these reservations are only because of caste but all i see is people want to retain caste and abolish reservation alone which sounds like people want to stop the symptoms alone and not the disease itself which would never work. Infact at some point nomedicines will work & the disease will get powerful and consume the people altogether. So as long there is caste, reservations so shall be.

Something to ponder --- defines reservation as weaker for upto 8L but gives tax exemption till 2.5L

Why economic based reservation is not consistent , might not be right? Today (2019) I may be a banker , tomorrow (2021) I may lose job and my income may go below 8 Lakh. How the economy backward reservation is going to help my kid. My elder kid who may join college or job in 2019 will not get the reservation , but younger kid who may join college or job in 2021 will get the reservation!

Atleast your younger kid got job thanks to reservation and your family is saved.

It's true that one can become rich/poor based on his job but when you put reservation in govt Job then unserved people with much better marks thus merit are being denied as reserved people gots those job at much lower marks. So unreserved people will always remain poor whereas reserved people will get rich generation by generation as they have reservation in Govt job perpetually.

So a dalit doctor son is elligible to get all financial help for study and reservation in Govt job but unreserved rickshaw puller's son neither gets any financial help for his study not any help in govt Job. So Dalit doctor son will again become doctor or engineer or civil servant and rickshaw puller son will again become rickshaw puller.

So we are having a huge problem to solve about which India we want to see after 100 years of independence : Unreserved poor and Dalit Rich thanks to reservation perpetually or abolish of poor every caste and equality amoung all.

Point to remember we have 22% people still below proverty line according to World bank. These people need help to come out of proverty and so reservation should always be based on economic condition and not on cast.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock