Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) - News, Discussions & Updates

Microsoft is rolling out the latest version of Edge on Windows 10 this week. Ahead of the browser version’s debut, the company is already claiming it to be the “best performing browser” on the platform.

xfgOduR.gif

There's an Amazon affiliated link in Quick Links added by MS. I removed that and added Amazon.in link, but somehow the affiliated link came back. Now I've two Amazon links, including one affiliated link.

fqfVAnL.png

Tp3VE1g.png

Recently, Microsoft also added Outlook.com in Quick Links and if you hover over it says, "sign in to preview your email here".

oC8IL9N.png

We can't edit website URL in Quick Links, but at least it gives the option to remove those Quick Links and add our own.

I've never seen Google Chrome adding any affiliated links in shortcuts.

Last edited:
News content on New Tab page wasn't enough, MS has now added a Notification icon. Clicking on that shows News headlines.

219aLJ8.png

Bn2jL8G.png

I've turned off news content on new tab page, but I haven't found any way to turn off that bell icon. And clicking on the Settings does nothing.

8O2ycRM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock