Microsoft Edge (Chromium based) - News, Discussions & Updates

New Themes

If you were looking to apply a coat of fresh paint to your browser, you might want to try out the 24 new themes that Microsoft has released. These range from simple colors to game-specific ones such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 4, and Sea of Thieves, among others.

Sleeping Tabs

Microsoft is making Edge even more resource-efficient with Sleeping Tabs. The feature boosts browser performance by freezing inactive tabs and reallocating system resources to power active tabs and programs. This isn't activated by default, so you'll need to take a trip to the settings menu.

Microsoft Edge's latest update adds new themes, sleeping tabs, and more

This layout looks interesting!

wNcDwv9.png

Microsoft trying to change the way it has been for decades!

This layout looks interesting!

wNcDwv9.png

Microsoft trying to change the way it has been for decades!
If we look at it that way, then it ends up taking more real estate than the previous layout. There should be an option to collapse the layout + the title bar must go away.

I updated edge and now whenever i open it...it opens a new profile. i had to manually switch to my previous profile

If we look at it that way, then it ends up taking more real estate than the previous layout. There should be an option to collapse the layout + the title bar must go away.
There is a collapse button. Only icons are visible.

Serving our customers more effectively with new release cycles for Microsoft Edge

As contributors to the Chromium project, we look forward to the new 4-week major release cycle cadence that Google announced, to help deliver that innovation to our customers even faster.
To help our enterprise customers looking for an extended timeline to manage updates, Microsoft Edge will offer an Extended Stable option aligned to a longer, 8-week major release cycle; if this option is not selected, the 4-week cadence will be the default experience.
This change in release cycles is expected to start with Edge 94—for more information on the 2021 release schedule, check out our updated Microsoft Edge Release Schedule page. This change will also be reflected on the Microsoft 365 Roadmap.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock