Mi TV users thread

That is what everyone is saying. Those who bought within the first 6 months took the hit. They don't have the Android TV then or now. No updates as well.

That is what everyone is saying. Those who bought within the first 6 months took the hit. They don't have the Android TV then or now. No updates as well.
Its still android but without play store which I prefer. Play Store models can't install apps using wifi.

There is no working YouTube app now. And those got the Android TV update are saying that Netflix and Prime are not available even after the update. I am happy with official YouTube alone.

Play Store models can't install apps using wifi.

According to the techsingh video, they can. Many apps are crashing in 1 st gen version of Patchwall ( possibly because there is no play services ).

Try aptoid app and then install whatever you want
I still prefer having control over wifi as we could control touch screen controls using Mi Remote app.
There is no working YouTube app now. And those got the Android TV update are saying that Netflix and Prime are not available even after the update. I am happy with official YouTube alone.

According to the techsingh video, they can. Many apps are crashing in 1 st gen version of Patchwall ( possibly because there is no play services ).
I use Smart YouTube app. It works great.

Which apps are crashing?

Kod is crashing, YouTube kids from Smart YouTube team etc. I don't remember the full set of them. I have given up now.

I use Smart YouTube app. It works great.

Yes, it does. But it lacks " Trending " for me. No " latest " tab available since last week. YouTube on browser gives more latest and trending content.

Kod is crashing, YouTube kids from Smart YouTube team etc. I don't remember the full set of them. I have given up now.

Yes, it does. But it lacks " Trending " for me. No " latest " tab available since last week. YouTube on browser gives more latest and trending content.
You should ask the developer. I think trending tab is removed by Google themselves. Kodi always crashes on all Amlogic devices. It's not a new news. Meanwhile I haven't used YouTube kids app.

I don't like the way they sell smart TVs without a decent YouTube app. That said, a common man cannot do much on this. But they sold around 1 million smart TVs ( 1 st gen ) without a decent YouTube app. That is a shady business practice.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock