Seeking Help Mi TV Stick or Amazon fire TV Stick - Which one to go for?

• Thread starter Mr.Bhat
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 3,511

Mr.Bhat

Contributor
Reaction score
@Bapun Raz @Siva
Mi TV stick or Amazon fire TV stick
Which one is better so then I can Choose one...
Please give me the pros and cons...

Solution
If Amazon Prime Video is your primary OTT subscription, you can undoubtedly get the Fire Stick. The experience you get on the Fire Stick for Prime Video isn't available on other Android TV devices.

However, if you like casting a lot of content from mobile and Prime Video is not your primary OTT subscription, and you like to install apps from Play Store and are familiar with the Google Ecosystem, you can go with MI TV Stick or any other Android TV. The new Google TV interface would be available across the Android TV devices in 2021 if that's something of your concern.

Another point to note is that the Dolby audio on Fire TV Stick works without any issues on all the OTT apps where it's available. On Android TV hybrid boxes like XStream...
Few Info to be cleared....
Play forward buttons r not special in Firetv stick....Most remotes have it...It's related to app player...
There is no profile feature for FTS...Those r of App features...
Yes live TV is avail in FTS but zee5 app is not synchronizing....Still see doesn't give all live TV in the FTS...Only news channels avail if sync...I think better to go to the apps for live channels which is avail in all devices....
With respect to play pause buttons, in android TV devices, one has to rely on in app controls. I mean, in few apps like YouTube, Hotstar there is a drag option, in apps like voot, SunNxt we need to click on forward button to forward 30 sec. So let's say if we have to forward 30 min then we need to click the forward button multiple times.
When it comes to fire TV stick, those soft buttons looks after everything. So, for me it's an advantage over Android TV devices.
Live tv, Yes. Few channels are missing and proper synchronisation needs to happen. But, going forward, with more integration of apps, this feature will be handy and can be an alternative to DTH as those bills are reaching sky high in the coming days. I say this because, there is customisation option in live tv section where we can select our favourite channels. So it has the potential to replace DTH.

Now that box can't be used unofficially...No need to Google as far as I know...It's bcoz now they have added a special app to block...Even if we force stop the huge app it doesn't work ...A pop-up comes ...It asks to recharge and ho to home page...Still if there is a method then please PM me the link..
Go to apps > special access > draw over other apps > disable Tata sky binge plus and you are done.
That's what I had done when I had temporarily suspended my tatasky binge plus set-up box.
It can be used as an android device only.

Now Realme stick gets wasted for me...If I might had know a month earlier surely didn't buy Realme stick...Bad luck..
Still I am looking for good 4K resolution and 5:1 in Binge plus..

Now Realme stick gets wasted for me...If I might had know a month earlier surely didn't buy Realme stick...Bad luck..
Still I am looking for good 4K resolution and 5:1 in Binge plus..
Yes but issue is that any day it can further be blocked if they came to know and also it has a slow processor that is why I also had to look for alternative but overall good box as sometime issues with net, then u can use the same as DTH box.

Last edited:
Yes but issue is that any day it can further be blocked if they came to know and also it has a slow processor that is why I also had to look for alternative but overall good box as sometime issues with net, then u can use the same as DTH box.
I never use DTH in coming days...even if they block no issues to me...I have 4K UHD HDR Android TV,FTS 4K and Mi Box 4K...So have few alternatives for DTH...On the other hand not watching any live channels barring Eurosport HD for AEW that too once a week for few minutes...

I feel they are aware of all these options. But, it's the downside of the android itself as it gives lot of liberty to users in even monitoring the special access permissions. Probably, that's the reason, iOS is preferred for security and other privacy issues over Android in the mobile world.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock