Seeking Help Mi TV Stick or Amazon fire TV Stick - Which one to go for?

• Thread starter Mr.Bhat
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 3,499

Mr.Bhat

Contributor
Reaction score
@Bapun Raz @Siva
Mi TV stick or Amazon fire TV stick
Which one is better so then I can Choose one...
Please give me the pros and cons...

Solution
If Amazon Prime Video is your primary OTT subscription, you can undoubtedly get the Fire Stick. The experience you get on the Fire Stick for Prime Video isn't available on other Android TV devices.

However, if you like casting a lot of content from mobile and Prime Video is not your primary OTT subscription, and you like to install apps from Play Store and are familiar with the Google Ecosystem, you can go with MI TV Stick or any other Android TV. The new Google TV interface would be available across the Android TV devices in 2021 if that's something of your concern.

Another point to note is that the Dolby audio on Fire TV Stick works without any issues on all the OTT apps where it's available. On Android TV hybrid boxes like XStream...
It Supports Miracast and Apple Air Play, so casting is not an issue if u want to cast your phones local content . Only issue is many OTT platforms doesn't support Miracast.
Ok..
Those Miracast and Airplay already have in my 32 inch TV but as u said no use for OTT...

Last edited:
Prime video is not my primary OTT...Also not casting much...
Many thanx for detailed suggestions views...
BTW is it possible to cast in fire TV stick?Does it have built in Chromecast?
No. It has screen mirroring as some handsets were support.

Last edited:
Finally ordered Mi 4K Box...
Already got 3 months free flipkart plus membership few days ago... Today ordered and paid using SBI debit card..Included with other buying amount was more than 5000/- ...So got 10% instant discount...

0bZyNtH.jpg

9cu3gRQ.jpg

Last edited:
hi guys

i am normal tv at home which has HDMI option as well..so i assume both Amazon and MI Stick tv prices are same.

Can anyone suggest which one among the both is best...and also if someone can share link to order

OR isit better to buy MI 4K Black when compared to MI stick black
Firetv stick don't have Google play store...If u r comfortable with MI then Mi Box 4 will be better choice than Mi stick...
Firetv stick is very good ..If u r watching prime video mostly then surely go for firetv stick which have different firetv player specially made for prime video..

So now u have to decide...

go for amazon fire tv stick or Fire tv stick 4k as per your budget
anyday it will be better than mi stick
I have been researching on this for a long time now. So I can share some of the other points that aren't mentioned above.
Alexa voice search results for movie titles covers more apps than the Google assistant voice remote.
Fire TV stick has playback control buttons (play, rewind, forward) whereas you need to rely on in app controls on Android TV devices.
The new live tv tab on the fire stick can be an alternative for dth provided you have an unlimited broadband connection and have the OTT subscriptions.
If there are kids too who normally watch, then the profile feature on Amazon fire TV stick, which has brilliant features like time limits, restrictions on particular apps, pin support could be a driving force towards favouring AFTV.

I have been researching on this for a long time now. So I can share some of the other points that aren't mentioned above.
Alexa voice search results for movie titles covers more apps than the Google assistant voice remote.
Fire TV stick has playback control buttons (play, rewind, forward) whereas you need to rely on in app controls on Android TV devices.
The new live tv tab on the fire stick can be an alternative for dth provided you have an unlimited broadband connection and have the OTT subscriptions.
If there are kids too who normally watch, then the profile feature on Amazon fire TV stick, which has brilliant features like time limits, restrictions on particular apps, pin support could be a driving force towards favouring AFTV.
Few Info to be cleared....
Play forward buttons r not special in Firetv stick....Most remotes have it...It's related to app player...
There is no profile feature for FTS...Those r of App features...
Yes live TV is avail in FTS but zee5 app is not synchronizing....Still see doesn't give all live TV in the FTS...Only news channels avail if sync...I think better to go to the apps for live channels which is avail in all devices....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock