Seeking Help Mi TV Stick or Amazon fire TV Stick - Which one to go for?

• Thread starter Mr.Bhat
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 3,481

Mr.Bhat

Contributor
Reaction score
@Bapun Raz @Siva
Mi TV stick or Amazon fire TV stick
Which one is better so then I can Choose one...
Please give me the pros and cons...

Solution
If Amazon Prime Video is your primary OTT subscription, you can undoubtedly get the Fire Stick. The experience you get on the Fire Stick for Prime Video isn't available on other Android TV devices.

However, if you like casting a lot of content from mobile and Prime Video is not your primary OTT subscription, and you like to install apps from Play Store and are familiar with the Google Ecosystem, you can go with MI TV Stick or any other Android TV. The new Google TV interface would be available across the Android TV devices in 2021 if that's something of your concern.

Another point to note is that the Dolby audio on Fire TV Stick works without any issues on all the OTT apps where it's available. On Android TV hybrid boxes like XStream...
If both are available at the same price, then Fire TV Stick is the better option. If there are price constraints, then MI TV Stick is the best thing at that price

@Bapun Raz @Siva
Mi TV stick or Amazon fire TV stick
Which one is better so then I can Choose one...
Please give me the pros and cons...
I have used neither of them. But Amazon Fire TV Stick should be good to go for comparing to Mi TV Stick.

@Siva bro uses Fire TV Stick AFAIK. So he can share his insights on it.

Normally would have gone with Mi TV. Newly added Live TV has changed my views on Fire TV.

I have used neither of them. But Amazon Fire TV Stick should be good to go for comparing to Mi TV Stick.

@Siva bro uses Fire TV Stick AFAIK. So he can share his insights on it.
Fine...
I have a 32 inch full HD TV.. it's not Android TV but only Smart TV...So I am thinking of buying a TV stick to use the apps presently subscribed ones...
BTW thanx for creating separate thread...

I personally use an Android TV so mobile casting option (through Android TV in built Chromecast feature) does the job well. I never looked for an extra OTT gadget including any Android set top boxes.

If Amazon Prime Video is your primary OTT subscription, you can undoubtedly get the Fire Stick. The experience you get on the Fire Stick for Prime Video isn't available on other Android TV devices.

However, if you like casting a lot of content from mobile and Prime Video is not your primary OTT subscription, and you like to install apps from Play Store and are familiar with the Google Ecosystem, you can go with MI TV Stick or any other Android TV. The new Google TV interface would be available across the Android TV devices in 2021 if that's something of your concern.

Another point to note is that the Dolby audio on Fire TV Stick works without any issues on all the OTT apps where it's available. On Android TV hybrid boxes like XStream and Binge+, this is a known issue.

Sideloading is available on both types of devices, so that should not be a problem. The performance also should be similar, unless you compare with the high-end Fire TV Stick.

Solution

Another point to note is that the Dolby audio on Fire TV Stick works without any issues on all the OTT apps where it's available. On Android TV hybrid boxes like XStream and Binge+, this is a known issue.

Sideloading is available on both types of devices, so that should not be a problem. The performance also should be similar, unless you compare with the high-end Fire TV Stick.
Prime video is not my primary OTT...Also not casting much...
Many thanx for detailed suggestions views...
BTW is it possible to cast in fire TV stick?Does it have built in Chromecast?

Prime video is not my primary OTT...Also not casting much...
Many thanx for detailed suggestions views...
BTW is it possible to cast in fire TV stick?Does it have built in Chromecast?
It Supports Miracast and Apple Air Play, so casting is not an issue if u want to cast your phones local content . Only issue is many OTT platforms doesn't support Miracast.

I personally use an Android TV so mobile casting option (through Android TV in built Chromecast feature) does the job well. I never looked for an extra OTT gadget including any Android set top boxes.
I already have 55 inch 4K TV and using all apps right there...I have another TV which is old as I said ...Now my grand daughter wanting to watch all apps in her bedroom..
These Android set top boxes r not made for OTT streaming any way...I lost about 2k in Binge plus although it's possible to watch with some screws in settings but that only I can do it every time...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock