Discussion Man City are the Champions of English Premier League Season 2020-2021

We honestly need to learn pressing. We need to push like Liverpool, Man city and Bayern. With attack such as this we will have the greatest pressing in PL. I seriously don't understand why we are not pressing. Even in Barnsely match, they pressed us more than we did in 1st half. Bayern doing 8-0 more these days only because they have such a high pressing game that even defenders are scared of it. Lampard needs to step up his game! Choose a constant main XI, not play out of position like he is doing and press more instead of defending and hoping for a counter attack like we did against Liverpool.

I don't want to say this as he a our legend. But he really is awful coach when it comes to Tactics and team selection. If someone like Klopp or Arteta will lead this squad, they will smash Bayern 5-0 in home! The team needs to be same through out the season. You change team too much, you lose your chemistry. The only good things happened last match is we showed a fighting spirit. It wasn't there last season. Conceding 3-0 in 30 minutes and then draw is a big thing. And other good thing is our academy players. We probably have best academy in whole PL. Producing very good talents consistently. As for James, he need to be aware of his role. Although he did helped our attack a lot in first half. Literally most crossing of 1st half were by him.
Lampard would always be questioned because obviously he got the manager position due to his status and relationship with Chelsea hierarchy.Personally i feel that influence of managers is over aggregated.People only know the face of the coaching team but most of the work is being done by the staff supporting the manager.There are some legendary managers who do not even used to take trainings as people expect them to do.Problem with Lampard is he has got an equally novice supporting staff.It wouldn't have hurt him getting a few experienced hands rather than the guys who are into their 2nd job just like him

Lampard would always be questioned because obviously he got the manager position due to his status and relationship with Chelsea hierarchy.Personally i feel that influence of managers is over aggregated.People only know the face of the coaching team but most of the work is being done by the staff supporting the manager.There are some legendary managers who do not even used to take trainings as people expect them to do.Problem with Lampard is he has got an equally novice supporting staff.It wouldn't have hurt him getting a few experienced hands rather than the guys who are into their 2nd job just like him
I would say he is just lucky that even after we are performing so bad, we are getting most result in our favour. Like in match vs Brighton we performed awful. Still won. In last season even after nonexistent defence we got into top 4 and played R 16 of CL. I hope he learn something from each match and will give us some silverware this season. Even top 2 spot would be good for me.

Pep gets away with a lot due to his stature in game.He hasn't got a replacement for Aguero despite being into 4th year.Jesus,Sterling can't replace Aguero's goal.

VAR day in premire leauge

fx0f36b.png

Lack of preseason, injuries and stupid rules are costing top clubs so many points. Except Liverpool no other club had a good pre season this year.

Lack of preseason, injuries and stupid rules are costing top clubs so many points. Except Liverpool no other club had a good pre season this year.
If i am not wrong Spurs also had a pretty decent pressn considering the COVID situation.Also,except Chelsea,Man Utd,City and Wolves all other clubs had similar time for pressn.IMO Liverpool have the most settled squad in PL which is making the difference.

If i am not wrong Spurs also had a pretty decent pressn considering the COVID situation.Also,except Chelsea,Man Utd,City and Wolves all other clubs had similar time for pressn.IMO Liverpool have the most settled squad in PL which is making the difference.
Yes. Also their coach Klopp is well familiar with squad. Compare to Arteta or Lampard or Jose.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock