Seeking Help Looking for new Broadband connection on Pune, suggestions please

kumarvishwas

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for new Broadband connection after being shifted to Pune
In Mumbai I was using Mach One broadband and it used to provide 100 Mbps plan in 999 and I was really satisfied with it but now I am not able to find such good plans, was searching for all ISP providers and found 4 who are offering good plans

Airtel(Price : 764) : Upto 40 Mbps unlimited data(No FUP) if going for 6 months pack Airtel Broadband Plans - Internet Connection Plan

Mach One(Price : 949) : Upto 50 Mbps Unlimited(No FUP) Mach1Broadband | High Speed Internet Service Provider in Thane, Maharashtra, Goa

Tata Sky(Price : 1200) : Upto 50 Mbps Unlimited(No FUP) Unlimited Broadband Plans - Best WiFi Broadband Internet Plans | Tata Sky Broadband

Tikona(Price : 849) : Upto 40 Mbps Unlimited(No FUP) if going for 6 months plan http://www.tikona.in/for-home/broadband-plans/plans/Pune/tariff-plans

So if anyone of you are using/or have used these ISP's please share the review or if using any other good ISP then these, please advice the same.

Last edited:
In Mumbai I was using Mach One broadband and it used to provide 100 Mbps plan in 999 and I was really satisfied with it but now I am not able to find such good plans, was searching for all ISP providers and found 4 who are offering good plans

Airtel(Price : 764) : Upto 40 Mbps unlimited data(No FUP) if going for 6 months pack Airtel Broadband Plans - Internet Connection Plan

Mach One(Price : 949) : Upto 50 Mbps Unlimited(No FUP) Mach1Broadband | High Speed Internet Service Provider in Thane, Maharashtra, Goa

Tata Sky(Price : 1200) : Upto 50 Mbps Unlimited(No FUP) Unlimited Broadband Plans - Best WiFi Broadband Internet Plans | Tata Sky Broadband

Tikona(Price : 849) : Upto 40 Mbps Unlimited(No FUP) http://www.tikona.in/for-home/broadband-plans/plans/Pune/tariff-plans

So if anyone of you are using/or have used these ISP's please share the review or if using any other good ISP then these, please advice the same.
I have used Airtel long back (In 2007-08) and it used to be very stable by then. I had to struggle a lot for getting the connection, as they need to dig the roads to lay their cables underground. They don't provide connections like regular ISPs laying their cable above the ground. For this, corporation permission was mandatory and it was very tough to get at that time. It came with a landline with free calls and stuff. I was absolutely satisfied with their service at that time. However, I'm not sure if what you listed is the same or V-Fiber. Any case, usually Airtel is very stable in terms of Internet (Both Download and Upload) and the cost also seems to be reasonable.

I would recommend Mach1 itself as it might be FTTH (fiber to the home) right?

Airtel would be old copper cables and give stability problems risk.

Tata service is very bad according to some people complaining on facebook I saw.

Tikona avoid like the plague! They wont stop billing you even after you disconnect and will threaten via goons/lawyers for extra money from you :D

Personally I am using BSNL FTTH 100 mbps connection plan 1277 because there are no other ISP options in my area. It is not perfect but works OK.

I should say if you can get Airtel 100 mbps "FTTH" (proper Fiber connection) then go for that only.

I had to struggle a lot for getting the connection, as they need to dig the roads to lay their cables underground. They don't provide connections like regular ISPs laying their cable above the ground.
Moreover, Airtel has limited connection slots available in any area and not many people know about this. If all the slots of Airtel are utilized then new customer will get connection only when the old customer disconnects it.

Otherwise, service is always good.

Moreover, Airtel has limited connection slots available in any area and not many people know about this. If all the slots of Airtel are utilized then new customer will get connection only when the old customer disconnects it.

Otherwise, service is always good.
Same here bro..

I haven't got since last 2 years.

Before taking any connection, at least visit one time to local cable ISP office. Their plans are generally cheaper than large reputed ISP as per my experience. May be they don't have online site or online payment facility like bigger ISP but who cares, at the end of month he will come home and collect fee

Tikona(Price : 849) : Upto 40 Mbps Unlimited(No FUP) if going for 6 months plan http://www.tikona.in/for-home/broadband-plans/plans/Pune/tariff-plans

Talk to Mach one's appellate authority they might help to get you same plan at your new place. Local ISP usually have lots of plan which they don't advertise. I'm using a local ISP in Punjab and using a plan which is no where mentioned in their website.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock