Discussion Getting a new Broadband connection

Sparker0i

Contributor
Reaction score
Right now it is BSNL Broadband where for ₹699 I should be getting 10 Mbps at 5GB FUP (But I barely even get 3 Mbps). The service became too disappointing.

Now both railwire and Kerala vision have expanded to my area. By Wednesday or Friday, I'll be getting one of them. The plan would be ₹799 50Mbps with 1000GB FUP (though people in my area have reported 50+ speeds on this same plan)

Hey guys, so I finally have a railwire connection at home. While my office doesn't reopen to work at office physically, I've taken up the ₹1000 plan giving 1000 GB at 100 Mbps.

The only gripe I have with this modem is that it is a 2.4GHz one. This one, while it covers both floors, I still wanted a 5GHz.

This is a Genexis Platinum 4410 router

Speed test I'll post later once I get free from work..

LwY7grp.jpg

Last edited:
@Bapun Raz bro how did you configure connection from modem to router? Can you help with that?
Connection method is:
GPON -> Router -> PC instead of GPON -> PC

You need to connect GPON to router through ethernet cable then open router configuration page through web browser and establish connection through PPPoE mode.

Provide your railwire account username and password under username and password fields. Under Service name enter railtel.

Keep everything else same as pre-defined. Hit the connect button and you are connected.

Connection method is:
GPON -> Router -> PC instead of GPON -> PC

You need to connect GPON to router through ethernet cable then open router configuration page through web browser and establish connection through PPPoE mode.

Provide your railwire account username and password under username and password fields. Under Service name enter railtel.

Keep everything else same as pre-defined. Hit the connect button and you are connected.
Okay, so from my white modem (Genexis), I'll be connecting an Ethernet cable at back, then I'll be connecting it to my old WiFi router. Then inside my old router should I putting user details?

Okay, so from my white modem (Genexis), I'll be connecting an Ethernet cable at back, then I'll be connecting it to my old WiFi router. Then inside my old router should I putting user details?
Correct.

Then should I remove the credentials from the new white modem?
It can be kept or removed. I have kept it there. But it doesn't matter.

Rather than removing you can make the GPON mode as DHCP. So it will establish the connection through Router. Not sure how my GPON is configured way back then though. 🤨

After changing wifi password, gone from both Windows PCs
Try logging to GPON and remove login details along with that make connection mode of GPON as DHCP. No need of change at Router end.

Reboot both devices after that.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock