LineageOS (Custom Rom Based on Android)

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 24
  • Views: Views 2,589
I have Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL, so I was wondering if this OS is available for my phone.

Is it safe to install, as I was planning to install this, as Asus has stopped new OS updates to my phone, and is only providing stability and security updates

I have Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL, so I was wondering if this OS is available for my phone.

Is it safe to install, as I was planning to install this, as Asus has stopped new OS updates to my phone, and is only providing stability and security updates

Yes Bro, Lineage OS is safe to install. Make sure to Backup all data including your phone's official software. You can restore that if something goes wrong.

Lineage OS is Safe, But You won't be able to use the banking apps like TEZ and all since you have to root your phone inorder to install lineage.

Yes Bro, Lineage OS is safe to install. Make sure to Backup all data including your phone's official software. You can restore that if something goes wrong.

Thanks Bro, do u have the step by step method to install this. I don't want to take any risk and brick my phone. I don't have any plans to buy new phone.

I plan to install this OS and then install Asus ZenUI 5.0 Launcher and apps which is available only for new Asus Phones. Can this be done ???

Lineage OS is Safe, But You won't be able to use the banking apps like TEZ and all since you have to root your phone inorder to install lineage.

Thanks bro, so none of the banking apps will work ??? any workaround for this ??
What about FB, WhatsApp, and other social media apps ?? Also Will Jio TV and Tata Sky Apps work ?

Thanks Bro, do u have the step by step method to install this. I don't want to take any risk and brick my phone. I don't have any plans to buy new phone.

I plan to install this OS and then install Asus ZenUI 5.0 Launcher and apps which is available only for new Asus Phones. Can this be done ???

Thanks bro, so none of the banking apps will work ??? any workaround for this ??
What about FB, WhatsApp, and other social media apps ?? Also Will Jio TV and Tata Sky Apps work ?
Banking apps will work by using magisk and all social media apps will work too...I am currently on los 15.1.Don't know about tata sky as i don't have dth

Last edited:

I don't have the step by step method to install. But you can find tutorial and YouTube videos online. Watch 2-3 videos before installing.
You can install Asus ZenUI 5.0 Launcher from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.launcher&hl=en
You can install Asus apps which is available on play store. But I doubt you'll be able to install apps which is available only for new Asus Phones.

Fb, WhatsApp, Jio TV, TS and all other apps should work fine.

For banking apps, Read this: Google Play Certification and SafetyNet

Asus apps don't show up on play store in other phones like xiaomi and Lenovo only 1 or 2 are available , why so ? Are they blocked

Also my asus phone has zen UI 3.5 which is the latest for android 6. If I want ZenUI 5 I need android 7 or 8. So the asus apps my phone has are old but asus gives new update for the same apps if OS is android 7/8 so hence I asked.

Dies play store shows apps based on the phone OS or phone model, as I am worried if after installing this lineage is what if asus apps and launcher don't show up in play store ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock