Seeking Help Laptop Hard Drive:- Western Digital vs Seagate

700GB filled with games? did you buy all of them? :lol:
I used to play games alot. but if i complete them, then I'll delete them. by doing that I can save more space.
Installing this much of games could probably leads to troubles.
Only few I brought which I prefer to play multiplayer like GTA 5 other you know:lol:

I don't install all of them just keep their setup or repack

If you're gonna replace your internal hard disk, go with ssd drive. min 250GB is enough for Installation.
And repair your existing 500GB and use it as a external hard disk.
DDR could cause a lots of troubles.

My Old Internal hard drive is dead bro. I don't think anything can happen of it. And 240GB SSD is costing over 6K on amazon which is totally out of my budget.

After a few days when traditional HDDs will retire, SSDs would get cheaper. Hopefully!

It will benefit us (the buyers).

I think cost is higher because of high import tax as no SSD manufacturing in India. So if it is manufactured locally then price will drop sharply I guess

I think cost is higher because of high import tax as no SSD manufacturing in India. So if it is manufactured locally then price will drop sharply I guess

As far as i know Hard Drives are also Imported from other countries and not manufactured locally in India. In my view SSDs are new technology compared to Hard Drives so that why it is costly. Remember when LCD TVs entered the market or Nokia Black and White phone came in the market. There were too costly at that point of time. Same is the case with SSDs. Gradually SSDs will replace Hard Drives like Hard Drives wiped out Magnetic Tape or CDs/DVDs replaced Floppy Disk.

My Old Internal hard drive is dead bro. I don't think anything can happen of it. And 240GB SSD is costing over 6K on amazon which is totally out of my budget.

If your HDD shown memory space id full error and then it's dead, then I'm sure It's damaged. Damaged memory block could possibly won't let your HDD up. Try to get it to the service center. They'll fix the damaged part. (If they can't fix that, they won't charge a penny from you. That's a beauty of it) If you request them to change it to external drive they'll happily do it for you.
My friend once had this same issue with his laptop. That's why i said.
Try to connect it to different operating systems. If your drive connected and not detected. There will be a possibility to repair your drive.
If your HDD didn't even detected by both linux and windows operating systems then go with a new HDD. DDR 4 HDD are available in market.

Last edited:
Just an hour ago I was placing the order for the WD Hard Drive, Infact I added the product into the cart then I saw in Recommendations that Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHD is available for just Rs 3,900.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01LWRTRZU/?tag=dreamdth-21

Seriously guys, I am again confused. Again needed your help. Will the performance be better than the WD HDD? The extra 500GB is only icing on cake for me.The Reason I am considering Seagate Firecuda SSHD is performance. Please Help

Yeah SSHD >HDD in performance so buy it before it sold out if you like it but I am not a fan of SSHD

Brother try SSD Drive {even in 32GB}
Much more better then sata.

If u want to fast your computer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock