Western Digital launches My Cloud EX2Ultra with up to 16TB capacity

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Western Digital announced the new My Cloud EX2 Ultra, a high-performance, two-bay network attached storage (NAS) system for Indian consumers. The new NAS drive is said to be designed from the ground up for professionals that need to automatically sync content across computers, share files and folders as well as have access to multiple backup options.

The My Cloud EX2 Ultra features a 1.3GHz dual-core processor that helps in achieving fast transfer rates for high performance and smooth video streaming. The 1GB of DDR3 RAM, allows users to multitask straight from the drive without any hiccups. It also offers several data management and security features that allow users to select a preferred method for managing and protecting their movies, photos, music and digital files. Drive management options include RAID 0, RAID 1; JBOD and spanning modes, while data protection options include NAS to NAS, USB, cloud or LAN/WAN backup.

“We believe Indian creative professionals and prosumers are in need of ever greater storage options along with faster data processing and media streaming capabilities. They should also have easier ways to store, share and access all of their digital data regardless of location or device,” said Khalid Wani, Director, Content Solutions Business, India, Middle East and Africa, WD. “The WD My Cloud EX2 offers ultra-fast transfer rates for high performance media streaming with built-in compatibility with Plex, the globally popular media centre software. Running WD’s My Cloud OS 3 software, the WD My Cloud EX2 UItra makes it possible to access your data anywhere in the world with an internet connection. It’s the perfect solution for anyone looking for a high performance NAS system.”

The drive offers up to 16 TB capacities and consumers can physically add higher capacity drives (upto 16 TB) to the diskless My Cloud EX2 Ultra. Compatible USB 3.0 hard drives can also be added o the USB expansion ports on the My Cloud EX2 Ultra.

There are a bunch of advanced features like an integrated FTP and WebDAV server, backup server, P2P download server and Microsoft Active Directory support. Additionally, users can download and run third party apps, including, Plex, MilestoneArcus surveillance, aMule, Icecast, Joomla!, Anti-Virus Essentials, WordPress, SqueezeCenter, and more. Users can also stream videos and photos to connected TVs, media players, gaming consoles and other DLNA/UPnP devices with the included Twonky 7.2 DLNA-certified 1.5 media server, and built-in iTunes support.

The My Cloud EX2 Ultra range is currently available India at a price of Rs 17,499.00 for the diskless My Cloud EX2 Ultra and Rs 35,499.00 for the 4TB. The WD My Cloud mobile app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. It comes with a two-year limited warranty on the diskless device and a three-year limited warranty on the pre-configured devices.

Western Digital launches My Cloud EX2Ultra with up to 16TB capacity Tech2 Mobile

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock