Breaking La Liga 2019-20 Season | Discussion , Results and Updates

• Thread starter pramain
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 256
  • Views: Views 20,622
Somnath bhai please do crowd funding and provide them money to invest in buying rights, they will even bring telecast of ice skating or hockey if there r adequate funds. Problem in India is each individual wants something but as things stand broadcasters cannot fulfill all of it.

U can try writing to concerned leagues to tie up with DTH providers here and give a PPV service channel for such events. I was once considering giving this idea to Tata Sky, who knows if this would have materialised as such initiatives require hardly any investment. Service Channels require no permission and operators / event organizers can have simple revenue sharing agreement . This is much better than losing out on revenue or audience by not being able to sell rights thus having black out
Pay per view model is never gonna work in India.

Will do decently for events where rights remain unsold. There is nothing to lose for all concerned
So, how much will these pay per views cost? Will even 1000 people opted for these pay per views? Even if 1000 people signs up for it? Will the events holder be satisfied with the price they are getting. Even sports broadcaster's low ball offer would be more than pay per view revenue they will be getting.

Pay per view model is never gonna work in India.
And the excessive charges man. PPV is the reason people in US switched over to OTT. Imagine if Sony charged say 99Rs for every wwe PPV event. I swear most will not get. These events cost like 50-60$ in the US.
Will do decently for events where rights remain unsold. There is nothing to lose for all concerned
Right now I'm watching a friendly football match through a link posted on Twitter and the PQ is brilliant. Why should i pay for it? There is money to lose. Here people cry for paying 20 bucks for a channel and cursing TRAI for this regulation and you want us to pay for PPV?

So, how much will these pay per views cost? Will even 1000 people opted for these pay per views? Even if 1000 people signs up for it? Will the events holder be satisfied with the price they are getting. Even sports broadcaster's low ball offer would be more than pay per view revenue they will be getting.

If there is blackout then what wil event holder get? It is better to have little revenue than losing all of it. As i said it is best option for unsold event rights. Operators can have a dedicated service channel to showcase such events and share revenue with event holder. No one tends to be the loser here

If there is blackout then what wil event holder get? It is better to have little revenue than losing all of it. As i said it is best option for unsold event rights. Operators can have a dedicated service channel to showcase such events and share revenue with event holder. No one tends to be the loser here
Then it's gonna be WWE and cricket on all channels as these broadcasters will expect us to buy pay per views for niche content.

And the excessive charges man. PPV is the reason people in US switched over to OTT. Imagine if Sony charged say 99Rs for every wwe PPV event. I swear most will not get. These events cost like 50-60$ in the US.

Right now I'm watching a friendly football match through a link posted on Twitter and the PQ is brilliant. Why should i pay for it? There is money to lose. Here people cry for paying 20 bucks for a channel and cursing TRAI for this regulation and you want us to pay for PPV?

U r making wrong comparison. First i neve said WWE PPV model can work here. My point was limited to those events where no broadcaster has rights, there r people who will pay some amount to watch niche sports. Not everyone prefers watching on internet. There r people complaining to Star on daily basis for not televising all football matches and forcing to watch on HotStar. Sony had to tie up with FB bcoz of public pressure

Then it's gonna be WWE and cricket on all channels as these broadcasters will expect us to buy pay per views for niche content.

Brother again i stress my point is limited to unsold rights for certain events in India. Broadcasters will carry on as usual buying rights or showing sports. They know that PPV will not work and ads + subscription is right model

This tie up will just be between operators and such event holders

Remember the EPL season where Star decided to quit broadcasting EPL on SD channels and forced everyone to get HD box by constantly airing those Uncle Ka tv dabba ads? By then Stars reputation was gone and they faced criticism on all their social media handles. They were forced to launch SS Select SD because of it. These tactics don't work in India. People that season ended up streaming even with low speed internet but were strictly against purchase of HD box.

U r making wrong comparison. First i neve said WWE PPV model can work here. My point was limited to those events where no broadcaster has rights, there r people who will pay some amount to watch niche sports. Not everyone prefers watching on internet. There r people complaining to Star on daily basis for not televising all football matches and forcing to watch on HotStar. Sony had to tie up with FB bcoz of public pressure
I think it was you who made that suggestion to give us all matches with the click of red button like an interactive service. That is something DTH operators can look into. This way they don't need to launch more channels for the sake of it. I remember dishtv had Active option on Zee Sports where we also had option for changing camera angles. I really miss those days 😔 they were way ahead of their time but now in 2019 no one is giving such services which is shameful.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock