OTF Exclusive Jiotv+ app (early access) version now available for Google Android TV OS

• Thread starter AftabIN
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 160
  • Views: Views 19,342
Just for a craze...

Installed jio tv+ app latest version
Got jio fiber id from a friend
Logged in jiotv+app...

Just to have an experience of the app only done this as I am not interested in live channels....

I don't have subscription for Sony but I can watch even on my normal I'd login on d+h I can't see live channel of star but when I click from jiotv+ it take me to d+h and I can watch star channel and without fibre connection.
I have logged in using mailid and password>> but if i play star channel>>error coming as retry

Yesterday I loggedin in Jio tv+ app on my airtel xstream box taking credentials from a relative who was having jio fiber connection some times back but now disconnected but I was able to login with his registered mobile number..It worked but I found that star channels are not working and on sony channels digital feed working with different content than the available channels on my airtel dth...
I was looking to purchase jio air fiber connection but if the star channels not work and sony provides digital feed with different content on active air fiber connection than it will be useless for me...can anyone clarify who has active jio fiber or air fiber connection.

Yesterday I loggedin in Jio tv+ app on my airtel xstream box taking credentials from a relative who was having jio fiber connection some times back but now disconnected but I was able to login with his registered mobile number..It worked but I found that star channels are not working and on sony channels digital feed working with different content than the available channels on my airtel dth...
I was looking to purchase jio air fiber connection but if the star channels not work and sony provides digital feed with different content on active air fiber connection than it will be useless for me...can anyone clarify who has active jio fiber or air fiber connection.

Sony Channel how come different content couldn't actually comprehend!
Star Channel will work but only through Jio STB Hotstar App, Entertainment channels works well but there is pixelation incase of regional channels like Star Vijay but Hindi Channels like Star Gold works flawlessly, but not all the Sports Channels works and there is no Star Network English Channels..

Jio STB is strictly not yet reccommended for primary Live TV viewing, as of now Jio STB only good for watching OTT contents and secure internet connection!

However, there is an system app named Live TV inside Jio STB once it gets officially launched and become fully functional Jio STB may become a reliable primary source for TV viewing but still Live TV app launch date is unknown!

Last edited:
Sony Channel how come different content couldn't actually comprehend!
Star Channel will work but only through Jio STB Hotstar App, Entertainment channels works well but there is pixelation incase of regional channels like Star Vijay but Hindi Channels like Star Gold works flawlessly, but not all the Sports Channels works and there is no Star Network English Channels..

Jio STB is strictly not yet reccommended for primary Live TV viewing, as of now Jio STB only good for watching OTT contents and secure internet connection!

However, there is an system app named Live TV inside Jio STB once it gets officially launched and become fully functional Jio STB may become a reliable primary source for TV viewing but still Live TV app launch date is unknown!
How are live star channels working with Jio STB, is it a DTH connection or just fibre? I contacted disney+hotstar and they said they only provide live for sports and nothing else.

Or are they just star channel shows instead of live?

Last edited by a moderator:
How are live star channels working with Jio STB, is it a DTH connection or just fibre? I contacted disney+hotstar and they said they only provide live for sports and nothing else.

In Jio Fiber, Air Fiber STB's, Only Star & Sony Digital Channels Are Available. It Is Different To DTH Feed.

In Jio Fiber, Air Fiber STB's, Only Star & Sony Digital Channels Are Available. It Is Different To DTH Feed.
In my jiotv+ app star channel work via Disney hotstar and I have posted the screenshot of it in my previous post and I don't have jio fiber connection nor jio stb. If u want then I can post new pic latter in the evening that star channel working on jiotv+ but via Disney hotstar

Jio STB is Just a fibre kind of IPTV not DTH,
Live Star Channels streaming not just shows, and infact, yes live channels not available on Jio STB Disney+Hotsar App too, but while switching to Disney+Hotstar from Jio TV+ app Star live channels would start streaming out of no where!
Kind of a wonder!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock