Breaking Jio TV (Cable TV) - Important Updates

I think some pay & FTA channels will be available in jio tv stb app like Act live ip tv
If that is the case ,eventhough if jio waves off entire NCF, still we would end up paying around 300 for HD pay channels. So the total cost would turn up around 1000rs(700+300) per month. I feel jio fiber wont be a serious threat to other DTH

But, one doubt how Tac TV price reduced by cm. Likewise, Jio will pay beside us I think then only they can attract customers. If many people jump to Jio, Then certain channels company will have to reduce their price. Otherwise they will lose trp.

If that is the case ,eventhough if jio waves off entire NCF, still we would end up paying around 300 for HD pay channels. So the total cost would turn up around 1000rs(700+300) per month. I feel jio fiber wont be a serious threat to other DTH
If Jio can give all popular apps Hotstar zee5 Sony Sun with live tv in their apps or in jio tv app within basic pack and FUP 1 TB with 100 mbps speed, then it will be a threat to dth

If Jio Tv app is offered, why do we need channels from lco?
When Internet is down, your cable TV would still work through LCO. I can guess only that. But if Jio Fiber internet goes down, then that doesn't make much sense of all these hype.

No ncf required because they will give thro jio app as Ott content. I think same channels of jiotv mobile app.

Here is my take on this... Regular channels will be available thru MSO itself, Jio TV app will be there but one would be able to access only those channels which u have subscribed on cable tv mode (much like live tv app works on tata sky and one can cast content from mobile to tv or watch catch up tv content only for channels subscribed)

Coming to pricing structure, well they can provide discounts (on channel price + NCF) as per their choice and decide DRP applicable for subscribers. TRAI rules do not restrict or puts in condition for operators to arrive at DRP. Only thing is that % of revenue to be shared shared with broadcasters will be counted on actual price (as signed in RIO agreement). Also there is option to giving cashbacks on recharge.

Still i feel Jio will not be as generous what one saw in mobile biz, they r in debt shedding mode hence revenue earning will be core focus.

I think Trai and ambani r close each other
Plans will definitely made by keeping mind of trai rules
And will b changed according to ambani words to trai
Trai is puppet of ambani

Here is my take on this... Regular channels will be available thru MSO itself, Jio TV app will be there but one would be able to access only those channels which u have subscribed on cable tv mode (much like live tv app works on tata sky and one can cast content from mobile to tv or watch catch up tv content only for channels subscribed)

Coming to pricing structure, well they can provide discounts (on channel price + NCF) as per their choice and decide DRP applicable for subscribers. TRAI rules do not restrict or puts in condition for operators to arrive at DRP. Only thing is that % of revenue to be shared shared with broadcasters will be counted on actual price (as signed in RIO agreement). Also there is option to giving cashbacks on recharge.

Still i feel Jio will not be as generous what one saw in mobile biz, they r in debt shedding mode hence revenue earning will be core focus.
They will give all broadcasters apps with live tv in basic pack cheaper than TRAI rates For example Star value HD pack @70 but Hotstar VIP@30 only per month

Jio TV thru local TV operator has become reality because they tried to launch broadband in multistory apartments where getting permission from apartment associations is not easy as they(society Presidents) ask monthly rental from them .Even mostly societies Cable TV is run by Bad elements in many areas and they do not allow Jio braodband to give new connection easily.Buying Den and Hathway was part of this strategy and this has given them access to many homes ditectly without asking permissions from societies.Once they install Jio Tv box in a premises half the battle is won and further allowing broadband in same house becomes very easy.But ultimately they may shift to Jio TV thru broadband ie app will be introduced once first battle is won and they have many subscribers already in market thru this mode.

One Good Thing For Jio Is Govt With Their Side Even TRAI!

Definitely They Will Going To Use Many Loop Holes!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock