OTF Exclusive Jio Cinema's probable new name and subscription plan details

At first it was supposed to be JioVoot. Than plans of Jio Cinema Premium showed up. Now Paramount+ came out of nowhere. I mean it was expected. But why speculate when we are not 100% sure?
Coz where is the thrill in discussing something that's just out there for everyone to see? Leaks and speculations are what add to the excitement of the wait. There is a saying in Hindi 'Bandh mutthi laakh ki, khul gayi toh khaak ki' (A closed fist is worth a lakh, an open hand is worth dust)

It's okay. Olympics is held once every 4 years. TV Shows & Movies are going to be there 365 days a year.
Keep that in a separate OTT for all I care give premium service to sports viewers who are ready to pay the amount for premium content.

Eg: 2000rs now for 1 F1 season. I am sure there will be a lot of people who will be willing to pay 1000rs a year for quality sports action day in day out for ipl, European football, BCCI Cricket, BWF, ISL and so on

Keep that in a separate OTT for all I care give premium service to sports viewers who are ready to pay the amount for premium content.

Eg: 2000rs now for 1 F1 season. I am sure there will be a lot of people who will be willing to pay 1000rs a year for quality sports action day in day out for ipl, European football, BCCI Cricket, BWF, ISL and so on
No. There won't be. You will be part of the 1% that pays 2000 for F1. Majority doesn't care that a certain sport is streaming on JioCinema.

Voot by Jio
would be perfect name like Max is from HBO.
In HBO's case, they were trying to minimize the brand appeal of HBO so they opted for a common name like Max.

In JioVoot's case, Jio is the common name. So they will stick with it.

Voot by Jio
would be perfect name like Max is from HBO.
I agree with you. Not everything has to have Jio name in it. Just look at Trends and Ajio. Individual names sounds great. Even Saavn should've been Saavn only.

No. There won't be. You will be part of the 1% that pays 2000 for F1. Majority doesn't care that a certain sport is streaming on JioCinema.
If you think the name doesnt matter then why do you consider JioVoot bad as far as you are considered it doesnt matter right?

If you think the name doesnt matter then why do you consider JioVoot bad as far as you are considered it doesnt matter right?
Yes. It doesn't matter.

My point was why ditch an already established name for something like JioVoot. Not to mention the marketing costs involved to advertise it. Pointless.

JioSaavn is fine as it is more associated with Jio but JioVoot is like they are neglecting others who are not on Jio. This will directly shows dominance of your brand identity all over digital ecosystem.
Now why will Airtel, ACT, Tata Play, etc will put your app icon in their promotion? They don't want to promote your network.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock