Jio becomes India's No.2 telecom company overtaking Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 33
  • Views Views: Views 3,995
Don't misguide pls if you hate jio say I hate jio. Company closes due to insufficient funding and improper guidance.
Kingfisher closed because share holders felt hectake to run the costly airline. Jet airways fell into dept due to their improper plans.
Airtel will not face such thing airtel now has invested in Africa and latin america. So they are good. Other idea owned by tata is doing good so no problem. I don't care about vadaphone let them close we shouldn't care about a foreign company
Idea owned by Aditya birla group not tata...

Just for everyone to understand what will happen to the telecom sector, all you have to do is look at the aviation sector. 7 years back Kingfisher closed and now Jet Airways.

What both sectors are doing is non-sustainable business and those with deep pockets will survive who will later rip all of us.

Indigo/SpiceJet has deep pocket ? I thought they are low cost carrier and they are also not backed by big Group like tata/reliance who can take hit of huge loss.

Kingfisher/Jet closed because of their failed understanding of market as per my opinion. They think people are ready to pay for premium service of full fledged carrier but Low cost carrier's rise in india show people prefer price over service

Indigo/SpiceJet has deep pocket ? I thought they are low cost carrier and they are also not backed by big Group like tata/reliance who can take hit of huge loss.

Kingfisher/Jet closed because of their failed understanding of market as per my opinion. They think people are ready to pay for premium service of full fledged carrier but Low cost carrier's rise in india show people prefer price over service

Well Spicejet is owned by Marans so it sure has big backing. Indigo used to be great but lately quality of service has come down. There r multiple factors which count to run a sustainable airline and incase of low cost carriers more adjustments need to be done to fine tune investment / revenue ratio. Can write a long article but let it be for some other day. Check out video posted few days back om Youtube Channel named "Flying Beast" , it is run by a pilot and has explained with proper insight reasons for downfall of Jet, Kingfisher etc.

Well Indian People r very cost cautious but do not agree with ur observation that quality is of little concern for them. Infact Indians r most intelligent shoppers and manage to extract best in limited budget. This is why most brands come out with different variants of products to suit each one's budget. Everything has to be in perfect combination to attract indian people.

Just to add fun, we don't like to pay more for dth or cable... Instead we prefer spending money on eating chips, burger, cold drink and these brands use the money to advertise which keep afloat channels. It is all about priority and how to work out jugaaad which is our forte :)

In my area 1 GB movie download using Jio within 10 minutes.

Superb speed Jio...

Airtel fraud company. ..

Last edited:
#1 spot is not far since Vodafone-Idea will continue loosing subscribers.Apart from total connection base, I think Jio is no:1 in the case of no: of active users.

Precisely how i look at this. People r going gaga over cheap rates without realizing that once competition goes kaput then one will have just one commanding player and there will no option but to shell out as per what they decide. Such mad rush to run after freebies or rock bottom prices is not right model to follow for consumers nor operators should indulge in excess profiteering. Healthy balance is key to a growth in any sector.

Anyways, airtel will survive. They r adopting correct strategy to counter Jio, keep matching their plans and wait until Jio finally decides to reduce freebies , get on revenue generation track. Post this airtel can gradually look to recover losses and work out new gameplan. No point in proving who can give lowest tariff right now, even if airtel loses many subscribers at present still they can gain large part of it back as things settle down.

Already hearing since long time that Jio has network issues while airtel has still maintained good coverage at most locations. Quite sure that later too they will allocate resources on important fronts.
Problem here is JIO s pocket is full and can run long term but airtel pocket is not that big . So at certain point it will become difficult for Airtel to survive. Lets see how its gonna be in long term . My point is all three current telecoms should survive which ll benefit the customers

Back
Top Bottom