Jio becomes India's No.2 telecom company overtaking Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 33
  • Views Views: Views 3,995
Jio does has problems but we should admire the fact they helped indians get internet.
Today internet penetration in india has tripled

This onslaught of JIO is of gigantic proportions. What most don't realize is JIO is snuffing out the competition and will then show its true colors, by which time it'll be too late to repair the damage

Precisely how i look at this. People r going gaga over cheap rates without realizing that once competition goes kaput then one will have just one commanding player and there will no option but to shell out as per what they decide. Such mad rush to run after freebies or rock bottom prices is not right model to follow for consumers nor operators should indulge in excess profiteering. Healthy balance is key to a growth in any sector.

Anyways, airtel will survive. They r adopting correct strategy to counter Jio, keep matching their plans and wait until Jio finally decides to reduce freebies , get on revenue generation track. Post this airtel can gradually look to recover losses and work out new gameplan. No point in proving who can give lowest tariff right now, even if airtel loses many subscribers at present still they can gain large part of it back as things settle down.

Already hearing since long time that Jio has network issues while airtel has still maintained good coverage at most locations. Quite sure that later too they will allocate resources on important fronts.

Just for everyone to understand what will happen to the telecom sector, all you have to do is look at the aviation sector. 7 years back Kingfisher closed and now Jet Airways.

What both sectors are doing is non-sustainable business and those with deep pockets will survive who will later rip all of us.

Just for everyone to understand what will happen to the telecom sector, all you have to do is look at the aviation sector. 7 years back Kingfisher closed and now Jet Airways.

What both sectors are doing is non-sustainable business and those with deep pockets will survive who will later rip all of us.
Don't misguide pls if you hate jio say I hate jio. Company closes due to insufficient funding and improper guidance.
Kingfisher closed because share holders felt hectake to run the costly airline. Jet airways fell into dept due to their improper plans.
Airtel will not face such thing airtel now has invested in Africa and latin america. So they are good. Other idea owned by tata is doing good so no problem. I don't care about vadaphone let them close we shouldn't care about a foreign company

I don't care about vadaphone let them close we shouldn't care about a foreign company
How dare you say that. Vodafone is the only foreign company that has managed to stay on in India. Everyone else has left: Telenor, Docomo, and in the olden days Orange (Mumbaikars will know). So many players have been kicked out.

But I have the greatest respect for the man who kicked them out. He befriended the Indian consumer when the others were looting them, and empowered them with the power of data. He made 3GB/day at less than ₹150 a reality. Now his company is reaping the benefits.

This does not mean that you disrespect foreign companies. Vodafone has barely managed to stay on by merging with Idea. There is no breathing room for the others, and that is sad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom