Breaking Jio Becomes India's Largest Telecom Operator.

This was possible only by the master game-plan of launching commercially with absolutely free usage for 8 months (5-Sep-2016 to 30-Apr-2017). Had they rolled out even with half the pricing of the then rates (Rs 250 for 1GB), they wouldn't have survived. Many players such as Tata DoCoMO, Aircel, Uninor were already providing same benefits at half the cost, yet they vanished.

The guy/team; who innovated this idea of twisting TRAI rules, launching a "Beta" service, bypassing TRAI rules and charging Rs 0 per month commercially for a straight 8 months; would get a huge appraisal today.

In an already saturated market like India, launching a service and marching towards the top spot is certainly laudable. Not sure if all what they did was legal, ethical and justified. But thats how one does business in India, right?
They Did Like 2009 Brawn GP Formula 1 Car. All Others Opposed Brawn GP And Filed Cases Against Them. But Everything Was Ruled Out. What They Did May Be Unethical, But It Was Well Inside Rules And Legal Terms And It Was A Loop Hole They Discovered. In Mid Season, Other F1 Teams Did The Same Loop Hole To Neutralize The Competition. Same Way, When Jio Did It..Airtel Filed Cases Too. But Later And Now, They Are Following Jio Trend. Everything Is Business And It Needs To Be Done The Same Way To See Some Change Happen.

Last edited:
Your previous comment about any company whether they have deep pockets , did Vodafone which is international brand does not have deep pockets for technology to bring for Indian customers as they operating from nearly 10 years and enjoyed overcharged to customers as their own way or style but they have latest tech .to give support to their homeland in England customers , in case of idea and Airtel do you think both of these companies head did not have any deep pockets even after looting customers from nearly 9 years they overcharged for every single thing . Even today they are not bringing new in market and plans as per requirements for them to bring that's why Jio is hurting them . Even today somewhere with stupid level working or practice they are charging their customers badly without thing about thier earnings or in return whatthey offered to us till now.
Think and then say any thing about new tech innovation .and One THING I AM NOT A JIO SUPPORTER I Only supported new tech innovation
I didn't even comment lol 😂

Its not true for All jio user ..I too had three Jio sims which i didn't recharge for a year.. and all of them has been deactivated now...no one is working ..
For a sim to be fully deactivated it should stop receiving cellular signal and not show up in your my jio app if it was previously linked or show as a number under your name available for linking in my jio app. Just by deactivating incoming calls a number is not considered as deactivated.

Thats mobile data uses not broadband uses 😅😅..if we consider mobile + broadband uses india will not even reach in top 50 ... reason is most of foreign people use broadband to watch vedios etc as mobile packs are expensive there so everyone is having broadband in there homes with good speeds compare to india so they dont need to hav big mobile data plans
It will be the same for India in a couple of years. Wireless data can never be cheaper than wired broadband. These introductory tariffs were needed to make people upgrade from feature phones to 4G handsets and for the market to consolidate from 11 operators to just 4 so that each has sufficient spectrum rather than fragmented holdings. Once jio fiber is launched at very cheap rates, simultaneously the wireless data prices will be hiked so that people opt for home broadband.
The total bandwidth that an operator has from the international sub sea cables is limited and when 80% of it will be used up for High definition streaming in home broadband, only 20% will remain for wireless access so the operators will have to price wireless data significantly higher. This is why Jio is purposely delaying the launch of fiber broadband, they wanted the market to adopt 4G. Now that they have become the largest operator, they will focus on home broadband revolution even if it comes at the cost of losing few million wireless customers.

As a customer of jio, i want them to be better, not bigger. At least provide 3g speeds yaar, Indian 4g market is like a chop shop 😔

For a sim to be fully deactivated it should stop receiving cellular signal and not show up in your my jio app if it was previously linked or show as a number under your name available for linking in my jio app. Just by deactivating incoming calls a number is not considered as deactivated.
He meant the same. I've experienced it too

This was possible only by the master game-plan of launching commercially with absolutely free usage for 8 months (5-Sep-2016 to 30-Apr-2017). Had they rolled out even with half the pricing of the then rates (Rs 250 for 1GB), they wouldn't have survived. Many players such as Tata DoCoMO, Aircel, Uninor were already providing same benefits at half the cost, yet they vanished.

The guy/team; who innovated this idea of twisting TRAI rules, launching a "Beta" service, bypassing TRAI rules and charging Rs 0 per month commercially for a straight 8 months; would get a huge appraisal today.

In an already saturated market like India, launching a service and marching towards the top spot is certainly laudable. Not sure if all what they did was legal, ethical and justified. But thats how one does business in India, right?
One reason they rent existing infrastructure instead of building new one .they rent towers from BSNL and MTNL.they rent BSNL towers for 21,000-31,000rs,MTNL for 35,000-1,25000rs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock