Reliance Jio becomes first operator to expand 4G mobile services in Ladakh's Pangong Lake

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 2,759
Next month I am going to Amarnath yatra I don't know the Jio Network will be there or not
The network may be there but if you are a prepaid user you need to check if roaming service is available for you in Jammu and Kashmir circle. Only postpaid users were allowed roaming services when I went to Kashmir, I had to purchase a local prepaid SIM from there.

The network may be there but if you are a prepaid user you need to check if roaming service is available for you in Jammu and Kashmir circle. Only postpaid users were allowed roaming services when I went to Kashmir, I had to purchase a local prepaid SIM from there.
I Live in J&K bro and also I am Postpaid user

This is why jio became successful and other low cost operators like tata docomo and aircel bankrupted they used to provide services at low cost compared to idea,airtel at that time but won't expand to rural areas especially their 3g services.

This is why jio became successful and other low cost operators like tata docomo and aircel bankrupted they used to provide services at low cost compared to idea,airtel at that time but won't expand to rural areas especially their 3g services.
That time the telecom market was clearly a bipolar market where one pole had the cartel of Airtel, Vodafone and Idea which used to provide superior network coverage and quality but with a higher tariff and the other pole had Rcom, Aircel and Docomo which provided substandard network but at a cheaper tariff.
Both the poles had carved out their own place in the market and catered to separate user groups with no overlap. But when Jio entered the market they knew they needed to cause a disruption in this bipolar market structure to be able to make their own place in it, so they offered the best of both worlds, became the first operator to offer high quality network at low tariff which helped them poach users from both the poles.
The first pole operators were able to survive this onslaught since they had the money cushion that they had built over the past decades by charging extra to their users, so they were able to lower their tariffs to match Jio, and Vodafone and Idea were forced to merge in order to survive. But the second pole lost their only differentiation point which was price, and with that gone and no additional funds to ramp up the network quality they were forced to shut shop and exit the market.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock